13

Frank,
It's Gee. I'm just gonna say it straight. I have been writing these letters cause I don't know how to speak to other people like a normal human. I swear, a lot when I try to be normal. Like that one time when I got us all banned from some city for swearing too much. I mean, these days, I can fit motherfuck into every sentence if I'm feeling awkward. And that's most of the time.
You know, in high school, Ray stuck a grape up his nose to impress some girl, and had to go to the school nurse. Ahhh he's a stupid pumpkin. And you went on a date to the movies (with a girl), and accidentally elbowed her in the nose, while trying to put your arm around her. I, on the other hand, was completely afraid of girls in general. They were just so hard to understand, and their moods changed constantly. That's teenage girls though. So I spoke to no one. And I sat at the back, drawing or something, occasionally chipping in with some sarcastic remark or insult. I was apparently just some 'edgy, gay, emo tranny'. And now look at me. I made it. We made it.
It was harder than everyone made it out to be. I had to lose a lot of weight when I was a teenager, just to look the part. I didn't have the right name, or the right look, but I had twice the heart. I could look at a person and see the good in them, before even glancing at myself.
I missed being able to walk to Starbucks and grab a coffee without having the barista write 'party poison' on my cup. I missed being able to sit in some random park, with my sketchbook, without being asked if I'm publishing another comic series. But it's the little things, like actually having people smile at me in the street, and being told that I'm an inspiration, that make me sure, that this is life I was born for. This is the life I lived and loved.
Gee.
P.S. I'm coming home soon, just wait.