twelve :

:

11:56
room : chicago
people : johnny
event : napping

:

"hey hyung," i hear someone calling me and open my eyes. i lift my head up and see jeno at my door, "we're going to that old factory building."

i just hum in response and drop my head back into my pillow. my body reluctantly gets out of bed and i poke my head out of the doorway to look for jeno. "when are we leaving?" i call out, hoping someone answers.

"thirty minutes!" i hear lucas yell from his room.

"thanks," i respond and walk to the nightstand and grab my gun. i check the magazine before putting it in my waistband. then, i sip my shoes back on and head out to the kitchen, where ten snacks on an orange. "hey."

ten looks up from his phone, "hey," he greets and returns to looking at his phone screen. i grab a bottle of water and a granola bar from the countertop. "did you hear that yanmei is upstairs now?"

i nod my head, "yea. it's good that she's feeling better." i respond and sit down at the table with him.

"how was perimeter yesterday?" he puts his phone down right as lucas walks in.

"quiet," i respond.

"until i got out. man, it was loud with the fireworks people were playing with," lucas groans. "it was so annoying. i couldn't think straight." lucas sits at the table next to ten with a banana and an apple.

"you sure it wasn't you yapping to yourself up there?" ten asks him. lucas rolls his eyes and starts looking at something on his phone while snacking.

"hey guys," jaehyun walls in and plops into a chair next to me. he sets his head on the table and groans.

"what's up?" i ask him while eating.

jaehyun lifts his head to look at me, "jisung jumped on me," and then he puts his head back down. the three of us laugh while i pat his back.

i finish the granola bar attempt to throw the wrapper away from my seat, but fail, so i stand up and throw the wrapper in the trash can. "i'll meet you guys downstairs when we leave," i say and swipe my water bottle from the table.

"see ya," lucas and ten wave.

i walk out of the room and head towards the stairs. i open the doors to the staircase and walk up two flights before opening another door. then, i walk down the hall and knock on a door before sliding it open. "hey yanmei," i call out with a smile as i walk to yanmei's side.

"hi," she speaks with a small smile.

"how are you feeling?" i ask her.

"fine, but yuta, jisung, hendery and renjun think i have a concussion which i think is an excuse to keep me here," she explains. "i'll convince someone to let me out of here."

i chuckle, "that's good."

"hey, don't take this the wrong way, but what's your name?" yanmei suddenly asks. "i legit don't remember and i don't think it's nice for me to keep calling you "chicago"." she laughs it off.

"my name's johnny," i answer.

"thank you for checking up on me johnny," she says.

"yea, of course," i respond. "question: why did you call us by different places in the first place?" i ask.

she sighs. "i repeat, don't take this the wrong way," she says and i nod my head, "when i was still with my family, we started doing that so we wouldn't get attached to people in case they died. i've seen people on the verge of death many times. and i was afraid that i'd lose you guys too. after all, you guys are complete idiots."