The free birds

On reaching palace everyone stood in line like they did on my first day. It was somewhat nostalgic to me.
Erica came running to us, bowed to the prince and hugged me tightly.
"I knew you would win this battle. Congratulations to both of you."
I couldn't stop thanking God for giving us such a good friend.
But their was no happiness in the palace, no one was happy with the return of prince and why would they be happy. They lost their only chance of freedom.
Prince was welcomed by bouquet of black roses from all the queens after which prince announced everyone to gather around his throne.
"Dear queens, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for obeying all my orders and giving me the utmost respect. I would also like to apologize to each one of you for all the mistakes I have committed and today to rejoice my victory I have an announcement for you all. "
Everyone was afraid of what new trouble was prince going to bestow on them as they had never heard a good news for him..
" My dear beautiful ladies, from today itself you all are free. I gift you your freedom on my victory. From now on I have no authority on you. You can stay here or you may explore this world. It's all your wish...but remember I will always be by your side whenever you'll need me."
Nobody could believe about what they heard just now. Today was the most beautiful day as the whole palace was surrounded with happiness. Many princesses were crying in happiness and hugging each other. I never witnessed this smile on their faces.
Today I was so proud of my love.
We were soon interrupted by his magical voice.
"I have another announcement too."
There was a little nervousness in his voice, I don't know why.
He descended the throne and came through the passage full of princesses and stood in front of me. He cleared his throat and got down on one knee.
I couldn't believe my eyes what was happening.
"my love, I know I have been such a reckless lover and a horrible husband. But I want to mend all my mistakes. I want to start our story all over again but this time it would be a little different. From the moment I saw you, I knew you are the one who'll kill my monster and see I was right. And now this Edwin is all yours. will you marry me Rose?"
He was shaking all the time while speaking as if he'll cry in any moment.
I couldn't keep my eyes off him he was looking so cute.
Meanwhile all the princesses were waiting for my response, some were smiling and some were in shock.
Not taking any more time, I said yes and took his hands in mine and kissed them. He hugged me so tightly as if I'll run away if he'll leave me......
The whole palace was filled with cheers and happiness.....
Finally we were getting married, like a normal couple as I always dreamt of..........