Chapter 5

"At first I was confused but now I know why Abdullah came to my university. It was because he had to give Ahmed his lunch and then it was Zuhr time. So he prayed there." I conclude . Asma just gapes at me.

"Wow. Epic love story you got." She teases. I roll my eyes. "Now, I need to tell you my good news! Oh my god you'll freak! I am getting engaged in a month or so, on Saturday!!! With Zayn!" She screeches. I literally scream.

"Oh my god! You're getting engaged??!!" I yell at my best friend. How could she not tell me this sooner?!

"Yes!! Ma asked me and I said yes! Then they fixed the date! I can't believe it!" She shakes her head violently.

"Oh my god, neither can I! It seems like it was only yesterday when we used to play with dolls and color outside the lines!" I cry, a tear of joy escaping my eyes.

"Awe don't cry. I love you!" She exclaims as we hug.

"Now we got to get to work! There's tons of shopping! And he's the only child, right?" I query my friend.

"Yes. Yeah he's the only child. His parents chose me to be the best wife. I'm so excited! And yes years of shopping are coming up!" She smiles at me.

...

   We celebrated by watching a movie and eating sweets a bit. Then Sahib dropped us off to the mall with mama, Auntie, Aqsa, and us two. Zara was at home with Saleem, since it was a weekend.

   We got some jewelry, and some dresses for her. Most of the accessories matched with the outfits, which is a relief. They're mostly seasonal, flowy, and modest.

   I rest my head on my soft pillow and try to sleep. But his face doesn't leave my mind, even though I have no relation to him! I pinch myself and decide to read some Quran. After a ton of reading I fall asleep.

...

   I woke up to my iPhone ringing my Fajr Alarm. I snooze the alarm then look to find texts from an unknown number.

Unknown: asalam

Me: who is this? Wasalam

Unknown: it's me Abdullah

Shivers send down my spine as I blush.

Me: who gave u my number

Abdullah: Sahib did I'm sorry if you don't want me to text you it's okay

My heart warms up. What a nice guy! You don't find these types of guys anymore. If they get your number they stick to it. I decide he's decent.

Me: it's ok don't worry about it

Abdullah: oh ok but anytime u can tell me no it's fine :)

Me: it's ok 4 now

Abdullah: ok well I guess since I have ur number do u want to.. Like get to know each other? After praying fajr? Cuz I already prayed Fajr prayers

Me: ok

   I read Fajr then flip back on my bed, excited, nervous and hesitant. Should I be texting him? Without permission from my parents?

   He is mostly like a friend's friend to me, and we aren't doing anything wrong. I'll ask Mama as soon as I get downstairs.

Me: I'm back so do you want to play 20 questions?

Abdullah: okay

Me: so what's your fav colour ?

Abdullah: it's green What's urs

Me: mine is Aqua What's ur fav food