Chapter 13

I totally jump when Asma screams.
"What happened?!" I ask her as she shakes her head and I open the lamp on the bedside table.

"Oh, oh my god. Dude I had the worst dream!" Asma tells me, her Hazel eyes wide.

"Oh shoot. That movie is giving me the creeps as well." I shake my head.
We watched a horror movie before going to bed. We are smart, yup.

"I know right? I had a dream that girl in the hospital gown and the hair in front of her eyes, the crawling one, she was coming for me! And I was at my old house and then suddenly my room split apart from the whole house and I was alone..! Ugh . " she shakes her head and I shake mine as well.

We try to sleep but fail. In frustration, we open the lights and start watching tv.

I'm in my jams and so is Asma. I plop on the couch and start watching. Tons of food is at the table and we have a women hangout thing. If that's even a thing.

We watch some movie called "A Cinderella Story" and randomly start straightening our hair, taking a million selfies in the process.

"Wait what the heck, why are we doing this at 4:00 am?" I ask her. We burst out laughing then shush each other.

We turn off the straighteners and soon it's Fajr. We do whudu and pray fajr and then read some Quran.

Then soon we fall asleep.

...

In the morning I take a shower and put on my fav lotion and new clothes. Asma does the same and pins her hijab in place.

We play some Uno then go downstairs and I start making breakfast. I hand Asma a pancake, eggs, juice, toast and series of jams and butter.

I call everyone down and make omelettes for them as well. Everybody eats and starts to get ready for the airport. Well only the men are going, so me and mummy along with Asma watch tv and talk a lot, along with going to the library.

I make noodles today . I cook them and stir them, knowing there's no "help from straw" now. I quickly cut pieces of chicken and add those in. I add motserella cheese, and while that is cooking, I make a delicious strawberry smoothie and pour it into the huge glass jug, smiling.

Straw isn't here, and she won't try to break abdullah and my relationship. That's all that matters.

I quickly grab out the umbrella straws and snap a quick picture of the breathtaking food. Oh, glorious food. I rub my pretty flat stomach in pleasure and Asma helps place the things on the table.

"This is delicious!" Uncle cries right after taking two short sips and a bite of the food. I smile up at him and nod, turning back to my food.

Abdullah gives me a praising smile before eating and we finish, while mummy washes the dishes and we head upstairs.

"Iqra?" I hear Abdullah's deep and raspy voice say, and I turn to his figure on the sofa, nodding.

"Yes?"

"Come here." He pats the empty space beside me, and i gleefully fit it. His arms wrap around me and his breath looms onto my hair. "You're driving me crazy, you know?"

"How?" A faint smile forms at my lips.

"Look, I'm trying to find the 'Made In Heaven' tag, but I can't seem to find it!" He throws his hands up in frustration, and I burst out laughing, wiping my eyes.

"Darling, you should stop searching. Because I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream." I coo, winking at him before spinning on my heel and walking out of the room, a smile plastered at my lips.

...