Chapter 15

[Shawn's POV]

 My EP was finally out by the end of the month and Camila organized a small party with our closest friends in the apartment to celebrate. She also invited some of the writers and producers that worked with me and even Andrew, but he couldn't come. We also celebrated that same day that Julia got a role in her first theater play that was not organized by the university. After two weeks, Andrew calls me to say the EP is doing great considering the circumstances and people seem to like 'Nervous' a lot, so we should shoot a music video and push it as the next single. We shoot a simple music video with me playing the guitar and some scenes where I walk in the streets. It seems to work because the song gets a little more attention and some radio plays.

 Camila and I finally find a small apartment with two bedrooms a few blocks away from where we're living right now that we can afford. We talk to the owner and the next day he shows us the place and I can see in Camila's eyes that she loved it. It's very cozy and we'll still have to buy some furniture but we were already saving money for it. We sign the papers to rent the place and I can already picture the three of us living here. Three days later we're already moving in and our friends and my mom help us organize the place. Even though we said we wanted to buy everything on our own, my mom still bought us a couch. We had already bought everything for the kitchen but the living room would be empty for now, so she decided to surprise us with the couch and a fluffy yellow carpet that Camila fell in love with.

 " Oh my god, Karen! This is so fluffy. I loved it!" She says laying down in the carpet making my mom laugh.

 " I feel like you didn't care at all about the couch." I say joking.

 " Don't get me wrong, I like the couch but this is everything I didn't know I needed." She says caressing the carpet.

 We still haven't bought anything for Rose's room but we both agreed that the room would be light yellow, so later on we started buying some things and painting the room. Since Camila likes colorful stuff the apartment was looking like a rainbow in a very short time, which honestly only made it look cozier. She's now 20 weeks along and I was still impatiently waiting to feel a kick but Rose was still not giving it to us. Sinu and Alejandro would be getting married in end of the month so we'll fly to Miami a week before the wedding. Camila will be entering the church with her mom and Sophia with her dad, so they would match dresses, and since Camila's baby bump is growing quite fast she has to try on the dress and make some changes before the day. She had already left her job at the bookstore when the things in the gallery started to work and now I was considering leaving the cafe at some point, but not for now, so I just asked Taylor for a week off around the time of the wedding.

 I'm now getting Camila from one of her yoga classes and when she sits in the passenger seat she changes the radio station. Suddenly we hear my voice in the radio singing 'Nervous'.

 " Shawnnn! It's your song!" She says excitedly.

 " Wow. Andrew was not kidding when he said it was being played on the radio." I say shocked.

 Two weeks later we're packing to take our fly to Miami the next morning when I get a call from Andrew.

 " Hey, Andrew. What's up?"

 " I have some big news. Maybe you should sit down." He says in a happy tone of voice. " 'Nervous' just entered the billboard hot 100 chart at number 80." 

 " Shit! Are you serious?" I say sitting down in the bed as Camila looks at me confused.

 " Yes. And the prediction is that will get even higher next week. The radio stations are receiving request for the song all the time."