It was late at night and not many people were left at the office. The lights had been turned off and only the desk lamps on individual desks shone away the darkness. The view outside the floor to ceiling windows on the right side of the room didn't fail to amaze, the city lights sparkling against the black sky was always a reason why people stopped in the middle of their tracks abruptly when making their way back to their desks or to the elevator. 

"I think I'm going to head home," Jimin stated, stretching his arms and arching his back before he stood up and began to put his coat on, "You should head home soon too"

Taehyung looked up to Jimin who was looking at him from his desk, turning off his lamp, "Yeah, I'll head out soon" 

"hmm okay, see you tomorrow" Jimin waved, walking towards the elevator and out of Taehyungs sight. 

He couldn't go home. He felt like he couldn't.

At first, he didn't think this case was even worth taking but now, he was more determined than any one else on the case. He sensed something was coming, these petty crimes were all too planned out, were all too well constructed for... well, petty crimes. 

He knew they were dealing with people who knew what they were doing, and hacking into a pet shop was far beneath them.

Of course, Taehyung couldn't get very far with trying to crack codes but it was still displayed on his screen. He let his eyes scan the mix-matched letters and numbers that ran across his computer, reading them as he saw them as if there would be some secret message. 

He carried on with some sort of determination, almost as if he were to finish the paragraph, he would be able to go home. He knew it was silly, and a waste of time, but he still did it. 

Then he saw something. And it clicked. 

Normally the code would look blurry to him, as if he didn't recognise the alphabet or the numbers that it used but now, there seemed to be a sense of familiarity. It could be because he had spent countless hours looking at the same piece but he knew he had defiantly seen this before. 

His eyes narrowed in on that small detail at the end of the code which caused his heart to race. 

:]