Night 1-The Dancing Moon

A/N

For this part, the song is "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri-link on side. Make that star gold!

In the still, cool, night, illuminated by the moon, a girl was dancing.

Many passersby raised eyebrows but none said anything. Some stayed to watch, some even left a silver or two, but they all left.

Her feet were hovering just above the ground, as she moved her hips and wiggled her arms. She bent down as if reaching for something, then her head watched as if ran away. Her face grew sad, but then it brightened, and she twirled as if someone was holding her close. Whoosh went her dress as she jumped away, as if frightened. But then she came back, and she was softer, more cautious. She reached towards the sky, and the dance repeated.

She had this simple elegance about her, shining down through her face, spreading throughout her body, reaching all the way to the tips of her fingers and toes. Her hands stretched to the sky, cupping the stars and carrying the moon. They twinkled brighter in her grasp, then threw themselves into the sky, leaving a trail of glowing dust. It settled in her dark hair, lighting the ends. Her dress went swish swish as she twirled round and round, blurring out reality until you couldn’t see it anymore. Her skin, a white cream, was perfectly smooth, a clean slate.

Her dancing changed to a slower, more robotic movement, her dress still. She ran her hand over her arms, removing layers until raw marks covered them. Patterns jumped out, emphasizing her robotic movements. She began to move faster, and faster, more frantic. She was running, running, until she stopped. She suddenly did a leap, her head thrown back, her mouth open in a silent scream, then landed. As her feet touched the ground, the ground seemed to suck out her energy, until she was left as a crumpled ball.

The sky clouded over, the moon stopped shining, the stars disappeared. Her dance was over.

Who is that?

She was so beautiful, yet so silent.

Where am I?

Oh, I am here.

In my mind.

Are these my dreams?

I wish they were real, for they glow so beautifully.

The girl, she is so innocent.

She is like the swan that flies in the wind, only to get shot down by the hunters.

I’ve never felt so… trapped.