11.0

Author's Note: Childhood abuse and trauma, suicidal ideation,  PTSD and a lot of other really terrible stuff because I'm a terrible person. But the horrible part is almost over. 

Jungkook thought he had been ready.

He wasn't. And he was never going to be.

When Seokjin was six months old he was taken to the hospital with a dislocated hip. Turns out his mother had gotten frustrated trying to change him and had pulled too hard. At nine months it was for a dislocated shoulder. At a year for a broken collar bone.

When he was two he suffered a broken nose. Six months later he broke his arm. The nurses and doctors never seemed to be concerned about the frequency of his injuries, believing his mother's claims that he was clumsy and she was young and it always seemed to happen the second she left him alone.

At four he was thrown down the stairs and cracked his skull open. At five he broke his right wrist and three of his fingers. They never healed right and were left crooked. At six he broke both legs. By the time his father left them for another woman - a prostitute, as it turned out - his mother was finally being investigated. He was taken away for six months while she attended parenting classes and was then somehow deemed enough to have him back.

Six months in foster care had left him so neglected that you could count each one of his ribs through his skin. Had his hair falling out and his skin breaking out in rashes.

By the time she dumped him off at his father's he had broken his left hand, re-broken his nose, popped an ear drum and had suffered a severely scratched cornea.

There was no legal transfer of custody. Simply that it was decided that his mother wouldn't be getting as much child support as she deemed she should. As it turned out, twenty percent of nothing was still nothing, which was, oddly enough, exactly what his father had. Five dollars a week just wasn't enough for her to care about the over sized problem living in her house anymore.

After his father died his mother had briefly taken him, thinking he'd be getting insurance payments or death benefits. As it turns out everything - which was still nothing - had been left to prostitute and he didn't get shit. Shocking.

Then he went to an aunt, who shoved him into the attic and forgot he was there for a year. Then it was a cousin, where he was nearly raped - actually, no, now that he thought about it being forced down onto your knees and forced to suck cock against your will was definitely rape.

Jungkook had to pause there. He couldn't take it. He had tried so hard not to cry. But he couldn't stop it. Ended up laying face down in the mattress bawling his eyes out. How one person could endure so much was beyond his comprehension, and he wished he had been there. That they had found each other sooner. That he could have saved him from all of this.

What was worse was Jin was comforting him, running his fingers - those fucking crooked fingers, a product of his mother's misplaced hate - through his dark hair, whispering soft words until the sobs left him and he could finally push himself up and let Jin know it was alright to continue.

When he was thirteen he went to go live with his grandmother - shockingly the one on his mother's side who apparently hadn't even known he'd existed. According to his mother she was a horrible woman who shouldn't be allowed around children, but it was actually the best year of his life. Until his mother found out and took him away in a fit. Mostly because she found out her mother had been receiving a check from the government for his care.

Once she found out she couldn't get the same one because she was actually his mother and they weren't going to pay her to take care of her own child, she dropped him at some random park and left him there. Gave him a bag with his few items of clothing and told him not to fucking come back.