Pain Is The Game - Chapter 5 - You'd Be Dead If Not For My Dad... (Dylan's POV)

*Want more Pain Is the Game? Check out the full story (on-going updates) on my page!*

Enjoy!

Pain Is the Game:
Chapter 5 - You'd Be Dead If Not For My Dad

(Dylan's POV)

I looked over the beauty of my Pack from my office window. I looked over all of their faces that gleamed under the moonlight. Aside from our buffet of food in the kitchen, the Living Area has been reserved for dancing, and the Back Field is for the social gathering of children to the elderly alike. Leading up to this party was everything; I had to ensure that I had all of the right people working on it to guarantee its success. I wanted Cassie to love it. I wanted her to thank me for getting her out of her dreadful room and into civilization. 

But unfortunately, it appears that all Cassie wants to do is just sit and drink with Kara. Goddess, of all people, why was she talking to her? I know I should refrain from distasteful thoughts about my Beta's mate, but the stench of Hunter was all over her. Even after all this time of being with Oscar. Goddess, if he could just mark the girl and get this all over with, then hopefully that'll help with her horrid smell.

I looked down at my watch, 8:14 pm. Goddess time has gone by so quickly.

Cassie has about forty-five minutes left before she's free to go. I took a sip of my drink, enjoying the burning sensation of Wolfbane going down my throat. Goddess, this gin was amazing. I continued to examine Cassie for a moment. She was smiling and talking a lot. She seems pretty happy right now, she was laughing so much at what Kara was saying that I felt jealous for a moment; but nevertheless, I smiled along with her from where I stood.

She was so beautiful. Just looking at her gave me heart palpitations. I graced over the glory of her features in one look-over, seeing how her black hair that hung to her waist in ocean-like waves made her blue eyes sparkle even more than I've ever seen made me shift in my spot. They were so striking, even from this distance. Goddess, what I wouldn't do to embed my nose into her hair and inhale every bit of her scent.

Cassandra Jefferson, the love of my life. Although I know that I'm not hers doesn't bother me yet. I know that one day we will be together, just like the Goddess intended. I just know it.  

A knock at my door took me out of my lovestruck trance, and  I cleared my throat for a second and grabbed my notecards off of my desk to pretend like I was doing something. I lied to get away from everyone, and I ended up abandoning Oscar to do the socializing with the Pack alone. I felt sorry, but my "speech rehearsal" was the only way I could leave without him guilting me into staying. 

"Dylan?" Are you fucking kidding me? I turned away from overlooking the party to scold whoever thought it was acceptable to enter my office without my permission only to see Jessica, my ex-girlfriend, and former "Luna" of my Pack standing at the threshold of my door. I frowned in distaste of the sight of her, un-fucking-believable how she would think that she was welcome here. "I'm still a part of this pack too, Dylan!" She exclaimed with a mixture of fear and anger.

"Yeah, well, how about we work on changing that," I said smoothly, reaching for my notepad and pen to take note of how I will fucking get rid of her! Why is she even here? Cassie is so close to me, closer than she's ever been, and I know that anything regarding Jessica will set her off. I can't risk losing her after how far we've come.

"Dylan, please!" Jessica cried out, reaching out as if to stop my hand, but I instantly pulled it away from her. I didn't want her touching anything in here, and leaving her scent; Cassie may pick up on it. But in the midst of all of my anger, I hadn't even noticed the most important part of Jessica, her belly. It was now sticking out like a sore thumb. My goodness, it's been four and a half months since we've broken up, and its only six months needed before a pup is born.