Chapter 30

[Normal P.O.V]

The slap rung across the entire hallway. Everyone visibly gasped at the scene. A lower ranking agent, newly graduated, just slapped a Helheim ranked agent. Fires of fury and hatred were smoldering in Heather's small narrowed eyes, as she glared at the Helheim ranked agent. She didn't care if it was humiliating to her or for him. She just wanted to get the message across.

"You fucking asshole! How dare you talk to her like that!" She yelled at him.

Night Fury cupped the side of his cheek. Even with the mask on, the slap snapped his eyes wide open. "What are you talking about, DeRanged?" He asked dryly.

"Astrid! What the fuck is wrong with you?" Heather replied with a scowl.

Night Fury's eyes didn't flinch at the tone. He simply scanned the area and then his eyes laid back on the raven-haired girl. "Stay in your lane, DeRanged. Or else we'll have a problem." His voice was laced with venom, making the threat only worse.

Heather gulped, and nearly broke character. She forgot how intimidating he is. But she built up the wall once again, and glared at the man. "You told me you wanted to protect her! What you said to her isn't a whole lot of protecting, is it?"

"This conversation's over." And with that, Night Fury began walking away, leaving Heather alone in the hallway. But she wasn't done.

"She's your best friend! Why would you push her away?!"

Night Fury made no sign of stopping. He continued to walk away, ignoring her shouts.

"Answer me, damn it! Why would you push her away?!"

Still, no response.

"Night Fury! Or should I say-"

A sudden hand pushed her body against the wall. Another punched the wall behind her, cracking it. The way his eyes squinted when he glared at her reminded him of a pit viper's slit-like pupils. No, a dragon. It was absolutely terrifying. It was like activating a certain fear in her that almost ate her up.

"I don't care if you say my name. Say it, I dare you." He hissed out. Heather gulped, as her entire body trembled. "And do want to know why I push her off? Why I said those things to her? Because I need her to hate me. I need her to stop caring for me. Stop loving me. It will only hurt her. Things aren't going to be sunshines and daisies when you're with me. The day she walked in those doors, and saw me, that's the day that I decided."

"D- decide what?"

"That Hayden Haddock is dead."

And with that, he left Heather alone and began to walk away again. Heather watched the retreating form of Night Fury, as disappeared over the corner.

"One thing I got from him, is that he still cares for her. Astrid won't like it when she hears it." Heather muttered. Then a smirk began crawling up her lips. "And if there's one thing worse than an angry Night Fury, it's an angry Astrid Hofferson."

...........................................

Cutthroat stretch his arms out in the air, and yawned. He leaned back against his chair, pursing his lips. Supercomputers, monitors, and power units surrounded them in a circle. Wires hung around like vines in a forest. A small holo-table sat on the middle of the room; a blue light glowed on surface with grids, and symbols.

"It's late. You should get some rest." Viggo suggested, as he scribbled something on his notepad.

"No, we need to get to the bottom of this." Cutthroat said, placing his hands on the holo-table. "Sync the map to the screen, then place the list of persons who knew about the graduation beforehand."