Chapter 10: The Interrogation

"Lil? Can you hear me?" Connor's voice rang through my head, the sweetest thing I've ever heard in a long time. I had no idea what happened to me, or where the hell I was, for that matter. My fingers and toes were numb and frozen, and my eyes felt like they were super glued shut. My legs and arms felt like they were 200 pounds apiece and like they were pinned down on the ground.

Then I felt something wet and warm lick my fingers; which I guessed was Daisy checking to see if I was okay. I moaned and tried to shift my body, but failed. It took every ounce of effort I had to wiggle my toes and peel my eyes open. "She's awake!" I heard V cry, saying that like I wasn't in the room. It took me a few seconds to recognize where I was.

First, I saw the familiar, weird and colorful painting hanging above the mantle on the fireplace that I always remembered hating. Next I saw a picture of V, Luke, Connor and I all hanging upside down on a swing set in the Montgomery's backyard back when were at the age when we all tolerated each other enough to hang out for hours at a time and play. I missed those days.

Next I saw the beautiful face of my boyfriend, a worried look on his face, making all the color drain out of his face. My lips were dry and cracked but I still forced a smile at him while I reached out to take his hand. He held it gratefully, like he was so happy I was still alive.

What had even happened to me?

V came over and held a giant glass of orange juice in front of my face. "Here Lil, your blood sugar is low, you need to drink." She thrust the cup at me. I didn't take it. One thing Ana taught me was to never drink your calories..the little amount she allowed you to have.

I shook my head slightly, although that made me dizzy as hell and hurt my already pounding head. I pointed to my throat which was dry as could be. "Water," I croaked out. V sighed and trotted back to the kitchen to get me my water while Connor and Luke helped me sit up.

V handed me my water and I could feel three sets of eyes boring a hole into me. I hated the attention, didn't they get that? After chugging the water, I managed to find my voice again. "I'm not a zoo animal; you don't have to examine my every move."

Connor spoke first. "Lil, we are all getting worried about you. This is the second time you fainted in like the past week. I think you need to go see a Doctor." My heart started to pound. I got the same feeling in my chest that I got when Vanessa tried to pull the same crap on me the other day. It was a feeling of nervousness and panic, a feeling I did not like.

"This time I slipped on some ice while walking down the driveway. I mean it makes sense, there was ice everywhere," I said defensively, luckily having all the memories flooding back to me. I mean it wasn't a complete lie, but I'm sure the blood loss and food deficiency didn't help me at all either.

"Okay, but what about last time when I found you in our lawn," Luke questioned. This was getting to be too much if even Luke was getting concerned. "That time I was just tired," I lie. "It was like six a.m. and I didn't have a water bottle with me.." I trailed off, hoping they would get where I was getting at; although no one looked convinced.

"Lilia we know that something is wrong with you," Connor pointed out. "Well, I'm so happy you just know everything about me," I started to stand; being fed up with this interrogation they were putting me through just moments after I had woken up. My feet touched the floor but I hadn't realized how numb they were. Milliseconds after I stood, I fell just as quick.

"God dammit!" I sat on the floor, feeling as worthless and stupid as a person possibly could be. Vanessa gave Luke and Connor a look, signaling them to leave the room for a moment. I sat on the floor in front of the couch with my hands over my face as V sat down next to me, still having a faint green glow on her face.