Chapter 11: No Mercy

We all stared at Vanessa, not saying a single word. "Well, shit!" Luke exclaimed. "What the hell are we going to do?" Everyone was panicking at this point. "Okay..well we obviously can't do anything now, but tomorrow morning I say we go outside to try to clear some of the snow off the roof," V explained.

Everybody's face relaxed a bit. "But what if it gets worse over night?" I questioned. "We should just all sleep in the same room so it's safer," Luke implied. I tried not to laugh. Of course that was what he wanted.

After that mild fiasco, we all decide to sleep in the living room. Connor and I choose to sleep on the oversized couch since there was enough room for the both of us. Since the other couch was smaller, Luke let V sleep there while he slept on the floor besides her.

I was on my way to the bathroom to change into pajamas when Connor stopped me. "Lil maybe you shouldn't go upstairs by yourself..in case you pass out again. You're still weak." I chewed on the inside of my cheek. "I think I'll be okay."

"Why don't you just change down here?" He questioned me. "Well because I have to use the bathroom if that's okay with you," I said, bitchier than I intended, since that wasn't the only reason I didn't want to change downstairs. The last thing I needed was him seeing my cuts. "Okay. I'll come with you." Oh my God, really? I was fine; I didn't need assistance going up the stairs for Christ's sake.

Once upstairs, I had been in the bathroom for .2 seconds when Connor knocked on the door. "I'm fine, I hollered. "Okay babe, just make it quick..it's not safe to be up here." My heart was pounding as I changed into my pajama shirt. I was about to put on a pair of sweatpants when the roof made a threatening cracking noise. "Lil?!"

I didn't say anything. The sound came from right above my head. Petrified, I slowly took off my jeans and was pulling up my sweatpants when Connor suddenly burst through the door. My eyes widened and I secured the band around my hips just before he had a chance to see my horrid cuts.

But that wasn't enough time for me not to freak out. "What the hell?! Ever heard of knocking?!" He looked exasperated. "I'm sorry Lil, but I heard the roof crack and I-" "Whatever, its fine. Let's get downstairs."

My heart was still pounding in fright when I thought about him seeing my cuts. He would never love me if he knew what I did that to myself; that having multiple meanings. I sighed as he put his arm around me and I forced a genuine smile. "Sorry I freaked out babe," I told him. "Nah it's all good. I get it, you need your privacy and I should have knocked, so I'm sorry."

And with that, we dropped it. Once back downstairs, we entered the living room to see something quite..amusing. Luke was sitting on the couch with Vanessa and they..were kissing. Connor and I exchanged entertained looks. Connor cleared his throat and they looked up, startled.

I smirked. "Well well, what do we have here?" "We knew it was only a matter of time though, right, Lil?" Connor chipped in, grinning. Vanessa turned red and Luke clenched his teeth. "Shut up man." Connor flipped his hair to the side. "Hell no. This makes up for all the times you made fun of Lilia and me."

I laughed. "Whatever guys, we knew this was going to happen sooner or later." Connor nodded in agreement. I crawled onto the couch next to Connor while Luke set up his sleeping bag next to Vanessa.

We were about to turn out the flashlights when we heard another crack. I clutched Connor's shirt as a reflex. He rubbed my back. "Okay I'm officially creeped out," Luke stated. "Let's all just try to get some sleep. It will be fine," V assured us.

For everybody's sake, I hoped we actually could get a good night sleep without anything interrupting it.

                                                                         *****