Chapter 6

Peter was once again looking straight into the grey old wall in his cell. He was fighting to keep is eyelids up. He could feel himself falling into a state of sleep. His eyes were watery and he could barely see. He wanted to blink, to shut his eyes, but that was too dangerous. He could fall asleep if he did. And he knew what was going to happen if he fell asleep. The boy shivered. He wasn't going to fall asleep.

Tony watched the video camera Steve installed in Peters room. The billionaire smiled. The kid had fallen asleep on the cement floor. "Gosh, he's so stubborn, why don't he just use the bed?" Tony chuckeled. "You sound like a dad talking about his three year old son." A voice said behind him. Tony flinched and did a full one-eighty and found himself standing eye to eye with a smirking Natasha Romanoff.

"I'm not a dad... I just pointed out that the kid's very stubborn." Tony defended himself. "Okay sure papa bear." Natasha said mockingly. The billionaire just rolled his eyes and started walking out of the room. "Did I make papa bear mad!?!?" Nat shouted after him with a smile wider than Captain America's biceps.

Peter slowly opened his eyes. The bright light from one of the spotlights in the ceiling dazzled him for a short moment. "Good morning sleeping beauty," someone said cheerfully. The boy jumped to his feet and his eyes flickered around the room until they finally landed on Tony. He was leaning towards the wall with bag in his hands. "Take it easy kiddo, it's just me. I got something for you" the man said and tossed the bag to Peter. The boy stared at the bag with doubt in his eyes.

He slowly opened the bag and found some clothes in it. He looked up at Tony in confusion. "Why?" The boy simply asked. Tony chuckled. "What do you mean why? You need some new clothes, and besides I got waaaay better style than you. Don't get me wrong, I like the whole, I'm badass and only wear black thingy but I think you should try something else. Oh and I have an other surprise! You're gonna eat breakfast with the team today!"

Peter hesitated. He didn't trust them. He didn't trust anyone. Trust was a bad thing that only ruined things for you. But Peter had a plan. A plan that would make HYDRA forgive him for his failure, a plan that would get him home to the base, back to his family. So he put on some new clothes and followed Stark.

Peter could hear them. He could hear the other avengers talk. They were talking about him. Called him an "unreliability" whatever that meant. But he didn't care about what they thought. He just had to kill them. Kill them and then go back too the base.

When Tony and Peter walked into the kitchen the ongoing conversation stopped. They all looked at Peter. He didn't like it. He wasn't used to the attention. He wanted to look down but he knew that was a sign of uncertainty and they couldn't think he was afraid. He wasn't afraid. Just... uncomfortable.

Tony gave the kid a plate and told him to dig in. The table was full of food. There were pancakes, waffles, fruits, berries, milkshakes, sandwiches, eggs almost everything you could possibly eat for breakfast. Peter slowly grabbed a few pancakes. Everyone were watching his every move. They didn't trust him. Not for a second.

The kid started eating, ignoring all the eyes that where on him. "So, you're name's Peter? Say, have you ever killed somebody... Peter?" Steve said. Everyone stopped eating. Peter felt his heart rate increase. He didn't know what to say. Memories flashed before the boys eyes. Innocent people screaming in fear. Big eyes looking at him when he slid their throats. Timo torturing him every time he failed a mission.

"Yes." The kid said simply. His eyes were far away. In another dimension. Tony sighed. "Kiddo, It's okay, it wasn't your fault." Peter looked Tony straight in the eyes. "I didn't say it was. некоторые люди заслуживают смерти" He mumbled and looked down into the table. Clint and Natasha looked at each other. "I think we should go to the living room or something, okay Petey?" Tony said and took Peter out of the room. "Some people deserve to die... that's what he said..." Nat whispered under he breath. "We gotta help him, he's just a boy. He's in pain." Clint said quietly. "He's not in a good place right now. But I think he's a good guy. I don't trust him yet, but It'll take time.