13

THIRTEEN – 10:21:32 PM

For the remaining time we have, I told Bright to take us to the closest 24/7 convenience store. It's the only place where I can buy everything I need—cake and beer for the celebrant.

"Happy birthday, pervert."

He laughs when he sees me holding the cake, with an unlighted candle, as I walk towards our table. "Oh, dummy..."

"It's still your birthday." I grin and place his cake on the middle of our table alongside the cold bottles of beers. "I'm no expert in throwing some twenty-first birthday celebrations but as per tradition that we have in our family, we shall celebrate yours like this."

He chuckles but then smirks to tease me. "I guess beggars can't be choosers."

I jokingly reached and punched him on the arm but then laughed with him too.

He asked me to sing him the happy birthday song and before I did, I asked him to lean a little forward. I also brought a little band-aid for his lip wound. I already apologized for punching him but I'm still a little guilty for it.

He's still smirking and I know he'll say something witty to tease me more but he didn't. Instead, he demanded me to sing the song, now that I placed the band-aid properly.

"If you laugh at my bad singing, you can't have a bite of this cake."

He chuckles and nods. "I won't laugh."

I sang him the song and this guy did what he said. He didn't laugh but he sure looked the most amused and entertained person in the world. I can imagine how silly we both look.

"Happy birthday to you!" I finished the song and even clapped for him before lighting his candle. "Blow now, pervert."

"Blow you or blow the candle?"

"Bright!"

He even had to throw his head back from laughing out too loud! Damn this guy for being this pervert, seriously! When he calmed down from laughing, he had to wipe his happy tears, and finally blow on his candle.

I was about to ask what he wished for... but I'm not ready to ask him anything about his wish nor talk about everything that has anything to do with a wish. He looked at me like he knew what's on my mind but I'm glad he didn't ask me about it.

Instead, I said, "Sorry we had to use your money for this. I mean, this should be my treat to you but I don't have my money with me."

He chuckles. "Nah, you can use all my money."

I said I didn't want to think about it but damn. I know and understand the side meaning of what he said. He's filthy damn rich.

He drinks from his bottle and changes the topic. "You said something about family tradition? Is this how you celebrate birthdays with your older siblings?"

"Nah." I shake my head. "I don't have any siblings but I have older cousins—" We shared a sudden knowing look. "—all are female."

Placing his bottle down, he looks at me then we both look at the wall clock in front of us. "We will have to touch that subject, you know. We don't have much time." He looks at the cake then smiles. "How did you know that I like strawberries?"

I didn't notice that I finished my bottle fast with my continuous gulps. I also placed my bottle down. "It's easy, you know. I'm good at observing and trust me, I can say I know you now."