11

ELEVEN – 9:07:42 PM

"There you go."

I don't know how long we stayed here in this ballroom's restroom but we didn't have much choice. The concert ended and all but this guy couldn't stop his tears until we got here dressed for the formal party. I had to endure the weird face the usher gave me when I asked for ice and a spoon—it is a remedy for his puffy eyes from crying. Cold spoon against the eyes. I did my best and he now looks okay, except for the overall redness of his upper cheeks.

This guy sighs and holds my hands. I know it would be the most awkward thing to see in a public restroom—two men holding each other's hands—but I don't want to upset him again so I let him.

"You okay now?"

He nods but pouts. Now, he just looks like a kid having tantrums.

"Come on, big baby. We're missing the party. You look okay, just don't cry again."

I managed to pull him out of the restroom and go back again to the main hall, to our table.

I don't really know where this is or what this formal party is for. I didn't have the time to even bother reading the invitation-like envelope given to us when we entered; all because of this guy's almost unending crying. Speaking of that envelope, I opened it now and it just briefly explains that this formal party is a charity event for... I don't really get what this envelope is saying.

"We only have two hours left..."

I sighed and looked at this guy. "You're impossible. I told you to stop thinking about it and let's just enjoy this remaining time."

"Give me a kiss and promise I'll be alright."

"Pervert!"

For the first time tonight, he finally laughs and grins to tease me more about the kiss. Of course, I didn't give him any! Two more couples have sat with us at this table and left this guy to entertain the people around him. He really can handle conversations with strangers and yet here I am, simply listening.

If I'm being honest, I really can't stop thinking about the time, too. I try hard not to think about it and as a resort to that, I took my time looking around this ballroom. I even excused myself for a while.

I'm actually surprised that I don't feel like we're invading here. It's like we're really meant to be here like any of these other people are. I'm also surprised seeing celebrities and high personalities tonight—this event must be really a big thing.

I looked back at our table and saw him looking at me like a puppy. I almost laughed to myself and just went back to our table.

The master of ceremony went to the stage and formally started the night

I just focused my attention to this guy beside me.

Is it weird that I'm thinking how naturally this guy fits in here? I mean, with the overall ambiance and occasion. It's like this guy is really a celebrity or even a royalty that belongs in this kind of world—suits and ball gowns.