Chapter Thirteen

We sprinted away as fast as we could. I stayed near Eddie as he kept stumbling in the water and he really couldn't run that fast due to his asthma.

  We had reached the entrance of the sewers when Eddie collapsed onto the wall, breathing heavily, hands grasping at his fanny pack, zipping it open and grabbing his inhaler.

  The splashing behind us had seazed. It was silent except from Eddie's gasping breaths and the occasional sound of him pressing his inhaler.

  I put my hand on his back and waited for him to gather back his composure.

  We were about to scurry back over to Stan and Bill to tell them what happened when we heard the splashing again.

  We both froze, we knew we needed to run away but it was as if our feet were glued to the floor.

  After a few seconds, I realised I could move, and I grabbed Eddie and was about to run for it when Jack's voice came from behind us.

  "E-Eddie? Is that you? I-I'm scared. Come here, Eddie. It's dark here. I wanna go home." Our breaths hitched in our throat.

  "Jack?" He gasped softly, looking back.

  "Please, Eddie. Take me home. I don't wanna be here anymore. I wanna be with my brother. I miss you. I wanna go home!" His sob echoed through the walls.

  We heard more splashing coming over to us and I grabbed onto Eddie, just in case.

  Slowly, Jack's figure limped over to our view. His left hand was hanging limply and it seemed as if it were broken. He had stopped a few feet away from us, with only his front half in the light, the rest still engulfed by darkness.

  "Jack, is that really you?" I called over.

  "Bring me home." He stepped forward.

  I gasped, the back of his head was bashed in and there was still blood oozing from it.

  I looked over at Eds and realised he couldn't see what I was seeing. He was placed where he could only see Jack's front half, and not his back.

  I grabbed him and tried to drag him away.

  He shook off my hand roughly, "What the fuck do you think you're doing?!" He looked back at Jack, "Wait, Jack, I'm coming to get you."

  He started to walk over to Jack but I wouldn't let him go.

  "Let me go, Tozier!"

  "We-We have to go, Eds. We have to go. Now." I looked him in the eyes and pulled him away from Jack.

  "LET ME GO!" He somehow got loose and started running over to Jack but the water slowed him down and I was able to pick him up and drag him away.

  He flailed so hard I almost dropped him at times but I kept a good grip on him and wouldn't let him go.

  "Eddie!" Jack's voice echoed in the distance.

  "No! Jack!" He was getting tired, I felt it. His pushes were getting weaker and his voice was getting muffled from his ragged breaths.

  We had finally reached the entrance of the barrens when I let him down. He raced back but tripped across a twig and fell.

  I ran over to him and checked for any injuries when he kicked me in the face. Hard.

  "WHY DID YOU DO THAT!? HE WAS RIGHT THERE! WE COULD'VE BROUGHT HIM HOME! WHAT DID YOU DO, RICHIE!? WE LOST HIM! I lost him... again." He went slack in my arms and I could feel my shirt getting wet from his tears. I could feel blood slowly running down my nose and grabbed a tissue from Ed's fanny back and put it against my nose to block the blood.

  Should I tell him what I saw? Should I break his heart more? Shit, what should I do?

  He finished crying soon after and got up and dusted the dirt off his pants. He got out his phone and turned the flashlight back on, and made his way back into the barrens.

  I ran over to him and grabbed him by his arm, "Eddie, don't. Please."

  He roughly shook my arm off and trudged up to me, "I'm going in there to get my brother with or without your permission. Feel free to join me."

  And that was it. Within seconds he was already inside.

  I stood outside contemplating what to do, my hand still holding onto the tissue. I need to follow him but he still doesn't know what I saw. Whatever we saw in there, it definitely wasn't Jack. And it definitely wasn't alive.

  I switched my phone back on and sent a quick text to Stan about my location and that if we weren't back after 7, to come look for us.

  I threw the blood soaked tissue away, took some deep breaths, and followed Eddie inside.

815 words

A/N
*Whistles* wow, that was a very interesting chapter, eh? I wonder what's gonna happen next...

Anyways guys, I'm so so sorry for the long ass wait for Chap 13. As I've said before, I lost this acc when my iPad broke and I wasn't able to get it back until recently (it took over a year!). But here's the chapter some of you have been waiting for for a long time. I still can't believe some of you are still here, reading this. Maybe there are some that were here from the very beginning, who knows? But if you are, wow *Opens mouth and tries to think of something to say but can't*. And if there are actual people that have been waiting months for this, I'm also wow. You don't know how much I'm in debt to you guys right now. But maybe I'm hoping to update Chap 14 soon, as well. So tune in for that.

Ok, I've started ranting now. I'm still so wowed by all of you that are reading this and put this in your libraries. Is this story that good? Idk. Up to you guys I guess. I know back in the early chapters when this story wasn't that famous and was still under 1k reads I said that I might do a character QnA when I reached 100 reads. And now I have more than a thousand! It's still very shocking for me. But would y'all like to see that? Please comment whenever you want and as much as you want because it really gives me hope for this story. Ok I'll stop talking now.
Later y'all!
Farhan 🐳

Ps, stay safe, stay amazing, stay you