CHAPTER 12

Today , i chose to wear a  a blue jeans trouser coupled with a sleeveless top that extends almost down to my knees then wore a blue long sleeve jeans jacket to cover up my exposed hands,  which also extended to same level of my inner top,  I then complimented it with a pinky hijab and a white sneaker , I only kept a nude lipstick and mascara on my eye lashes. My mom on the other hand simply wore a long loosely brown dress then paired it with a brown hijab,  nicely tired around her neck and a pair of black sandals .
We got to the main house within few minutes... God!  The whole place look so busy with maids servants going here and there making sure things are put in order, the head maid servant just keeps on instructing the rest maids to hurry cos she doesn't want them to run out of time,  I heard the party will be held in the evening at the garden

My mom and i got on with our work after stepping into the kitchen and kept on our Apron.  We prepared several known dishes and paused intermittently to offer our salat then continued,... as it was approaching mid afternoon, quests started pouring in,  stepping out of their luxurious cars.  My mom and i plus two other maids took the tray of dishes to the garden at the food section.  Wow I tell you the garden has been beautifully and lavishly decorated,  The lighting and flowers are so captivating,  chairs and tables were being arranged in circles.  Everywhere is just screaming luxury,  everything needed to be organised were done appropriately.
Now it is exactly 4 o'clock and the whole place is full with business men and women.  Mr Harun , his wife and Zaib also just came in a while ago, I saw them exchange pleasantries with the guests.. But I haven't yet seen Ridwan .' Oo Layla  but why do you want to see him' I mentally asked my self. .."Ah.. Snap out of it girl " I say to my self a little out loud. 
"What is it hon? " my mom who is standing beside me asked me as she stared at me.

"Oh nothing mom" I simply replied then gave her a faint smile.
"okay"  She mouthed

"Salamualaikum... First of all I will like to thank the Almighty Allah for this day,  being yet again another remarkable and a memorable one indeed as we celebrate our successful million dollar deal with our partner company Tellow oil. " This was Mr Harun speaking into the microphone after he climbed onto the podium , but I was distracted from listening by the voice of Ridwan who came to stand in front of me with the table of food between us,  I didn't even notice his presence because my eyes was fixed on Mr Harun as he spoke.

"Salamualaikum,  can I please have some food " Ridwan said to me , my heart started to palpitate,  he looks so handsome in his deep blue suit,  plus his beard is nicely trimmed and he had a smirk on his face as he starred at me intensely without blinking an eye.  God why does this guy seem to have such an effect on me.

"Oh,  WA alaikumsalam,  sure " I shyly replied back to him then lowered my gaze.

"What will you like to have Sir" I further inquired from him.

"I will have this and that.... Salamualaikum Mrs Abdullah " he indicated what he wanted to eat by pointing at some dishes in front of mom and I, since my mom is standing beside me,  he greeted her which she kindly replied with a smile then focused back her attention on Mr Harun who is still talking on the podium.

"Ridwan took his food and left... I guess he prefers my mom's cooking since he didn't bother to go further to the other caterers also standing  in rows next to us with the table of food before them .

The rest of the event went on smoothly Mr Harun had completed his speech, you could see people moving here and there others chatting and laughing.  I spotted Ridwan couple of times starring at me , he was with two other guys whom I think might be his friends. 
We were then made to go serve drinks to the quests,  the drinks are non alcoholic, I picked up a tray of wine glasses with champagne already in them to go serve a couple of business  men at the far end of the garden, I really didn't want to go because I had a bad a feeling about it, the reason being that, it's in a secluded area,  at the outskirts of the garden but I had to go due to the fact that Mrs Harun had instructed me to while my mom was busy serving food to the guests,  so she has no idea am going to serve drinks at the far end of the garden.  I simply recited some supplications seeking ALLAH'S protection then walked towards that place with my tray of wine glasses at hand. As I approached and drew closer I noticed they were all men, three quite old men who sat under a tent and I could feel their intense  gaze on me which made me sick to my stomach . "Oh ALLAH protect me" I whisper to my self.

"Good evening gentle men please your drinks" I say to them upon arriving and standing in front of them.
I gently placed the glass cups of wine  drinks in the middle of them then turn to leave

"Hey Miss beautiful,  stay for a while,  why don't you come sit with us"  one among the three men said to me as I was about to leave,  he has a devilish smirk on his face.

"SubahanaLah, AuzubilLah.. I can not Sir,  that is not my duty... I shall take my leave now, excuse me " I ranted out to them in disgust

"Hey doll,  don't be too hard on us,  take it easy right,  we only wanna get to know you more" the other one sitting beside the first one that spoke said to me as he stood up to touch my hand.

"Let go off me!!!" I screamed out loud so furious at the same time so frightened.