CHAPTER 25

I sat comfortably on the bench in the school's garden with my mom and miss Zainab, I had to excuse myself from my friends a bit, to be with my family, because only they understand how am feeling now about everything that happened a while ago before receiving my reward from Ridwan, oh my God, I really do love him, the feelings all came rushing back after my encounter with him moments ago, I realise I love him after I finally confided in my mom about how I felt whenever I saw him and some things I kept from her, when we were at Mr Harun's house, ."It's Love Layla, what you feel for Ridwan is pure love, you have fallen in love with Ridwan" my mom shockingly confirmed to me that day, though I really don't know how Ridwan feels about me, he never told me how he felt, if he loves me, though he used to show concern for me, but I don't know if it's actually love.

When I finally faced him today on the podium, a tear of joy trickled down my cheek, I couldn't believe I was finally seeing him after so many years, I used to ask myself if I ever see him again, I never stopped loving him, even though I got a lot of proposals from men of all kinds but I rejected them all, it even got to a time my mom was getting frustrated by the way I was refusing to get married, she said I wasn't growing any younger, at the age of 22, am supposed to be married with children... But I couldn't bring myself to be with any man but Ridwan, he has been all I wanted in a man.

"Salamualaikum " A male voice came through bringing me out of my reverie.. I recognize the voice, it's Ridwan's.
My head was bowed down initially but I quickly lift it up to see him standing in front of us looking so handsome in his black suit, but he has grown more mature in a very attractive way, judging from his broader chest and arms which is evident through his well fitted suit , and his beard is nicely shaped around his face making him so beautiful as his deep blue eyes stares intensely at me, giving me goosebumps.

"Wa alaikum salam my son " my mom answered with a broad smile on her face.. I notice she likes Ridwan.
"Please meet Miss Zainab, our guardian angel " my mom further introduced miss Zainab to him as she chuckled slightly at her own comment, making miss Zainab also chuckle , she also knows about my feelings for Ridwan.

"Salamualaikum madam Zainab, a pleasure to meet you " he again greeted her with a smile

"The pleasure is all mine, so you are the famous Ridwan Harun, ..hope you doing good " Miss Zainab further asks him as she teasingly eyes me with the corner of her eye

"Hahaha, yes madam, I am Ridwan Harun.. And Alhamdullilah I am doing good " Ridwan calmly replied back but kept his gaze on me almost through out as I also couldn't blink my eyes away from him.

"It's indeed been a while my son , don't worry we will chat later IN SHAA ALLAH... but now madam Zainab and I will excuse the both of you " my mom further said to him then she and miss Zainab excused themselves leaving just him and I

"Layla... Salamualaikum " He finally spoke out softly as he took a sit beside me and I turned a little to face him

"Wa Alaikum salam Ridwan " I replied calmly, just having mixed emotions right now.

"How are you Layla? I have missed you so much... I got the news you were sacked from home after I got back from my school research trip... But after a year you and your mom left, my step mom died of stroke, but before that, she confessed to her crime of incriminating your mom, in order for you guys to be thrown out on the street... Am so sorry ." Ridwan tells me, looking into my eyes

"Alhamdullilah am doing good , I see " I managed to say, I wasn't too shock it was Mrs Harun who incriminated us all along, besides the woman made it quite obvious, she never liked us all those times we lived with her in her house.

"Why do you say you miss me,.. Did you even lo,look for me? " I finally ask him, stammering a little as I was getting nervous about his reply, I just hope he also has feelings for me because he is the man I really wish to get married to.

"Oh yes Layla, I swear, I looked for you almost everywhere in America, I had the police look for you though it seemed useless, and yes I miss you so much because I never stopped thinking about you , ..you have always been in here and here " He confessed to me still staring straight into my eyes , he sounded so serious and a bit emotional , as he placed his right palm on his heart and then pointed a finger on his head and smiled warmly indicating I have always been in his heart and mind.

"Because I love you Layla Abdullah, i fell in love with you the very day we bumped into each other in the sitting room, you never left my heart and mind Layla. The only thing I want so bad to do right now is to marry you and make you my one and only wife and the mother of our children... Please princess, marry me and I promise to make you the happiest woman on earth because I LOVE YOU " he further says to me ever so warmly as a tear trickle down my cheek out of happiness, I am simply speechless for a moment, I could hear my heart dance with joy in my chest, this is indeed a dream come true, I have always dreamt if this day and my Allah has indeed answered my prayers, Alhamdullilah Ridwan loves me as much as I love him with all my heart.

"Allahu Akbar, oh Ridwan, I have loved you too ever since I met you, though I didn't really know what I felt at that time since it was my first time feeling that way for any man, but I do now and fortunately now i know you love me too as much.. And yes IN SHAA ALLAH I will marry you, I accept to be your one and only wife and the mother of our children Alhamdullilah"I replied to him full of happiness which is very obvious in my voice and on my face

"You do? " He again ask me squealing in excitement like a little boy whom his mother just gave him his favourite candy, oh God, he looks so adorable and innocent.

I simply nodded my head in a yes and giggled.

"Yay! Alhamdullilah! " he shouted out of excitement making the people around us stare at us in admiration... I felt a little shy but so happy.

******//**/******//*//*/*****///
Salamualaikum
Awww so beautiful right 😊, ...hope you all doing great... Please don't forget to vote and comment, I would love to hear what you think lovely readers... JazakalLahukhayr