Chapter 2 - Catch Up

It took Tammy almost a month to catch up with Sonja Percy. While the Nanny seemed nice enough, Tammy wasn't sure if she actually gave her the message or if Sonja was just blowing off contacting her.

Sonja finally called her back while she was at the office. Tammy realized that she hadn't changed one bit. She was still closed off to those who cared about her. "Hey Sonja, why don't I call you later away from the office?"

Tammy was relieved to be home at 7:30. She was able to put her daughter to bed herself and take a quick shower before she called Sonja back. "Look Sonja, I'm going to tell you something but don't get angry. Your son called the office and spoke with Christopher. He wants one of us to come to D.C. and help you to stop crying. Now tell me what's going on.

Two hours later Sonja was finally all talked out. The bottom line was that Sonja had suspected that her husband had been cheating on her. Her suspicions were confirmed when a city police officer showed up on her doorstep five months earlier. The woman's husband had found out about the affair, followed her husband to the grocery store and gunned him down. The murder investigation almost blew Sonja's cover. His death took a terrible toll on their son.

"Sonja, I don't want to cause you any more pain but how did Jayden know to call our office."

"I have an envelope full of photos of the 'Nola team and business cards that we use to give to witnesses. My son is smart Tammy, he was able to put two and two together."

"I know it's late there. LaSalle is going to want to know the real deal. Can I tell him?"

"I suppose so. I wouldn't want his wife to get upset though."

"Well, you are behind times. LaSalle is still single after all these years. Can I be honest with you Percy? I don't think there is a woman in this town that can compare to his 'City Mouse'. Yeah, he has dated off and on but I haven't met one of them that could compare to the chemistry that he shared with you."

"Okay Tammy, I need to get to bed. I have had a long day flying back to the States. Tell Pride I said hello."