The gold trimmed letter (Elnora's POV)

"How dare you speak to me like that!" Sasha screamed at me.The sound of her voice bouncing off of the off white walls. Sasha is my step-mum and there is only one word to describe how I feel about her. Hate. Yes that word is as strong as Love but it is easier to realise who you hate than who you love and that is why life is difficult.

"I will speak to you how ever I want to!" I scream back to her walking into the kitchen and getting a kole beer out of the fridge. I cracked open the soft drink, took a sip and stared straight into the eyes of the devil.

"Excuse me. Go to your room!" she shouts, the tone in her voice getting harsher with every word.

"You're not my mum! You can't tell me what to do!" I yell back. A salty warm tear rolling down my cheek as I thought of my mum's touch and the sound of her voice. What I would do to just hug her one last time.

I wipe the tear from my cheek and put my drink on the kitchen bench. I look at Sasha and walk past her to the front door.

"Don't you dare!" she yells at me this time setting off the next door neighbour's dogs.

"I'm just going to check the mail," I say trying not to let everything out at once with tears welling up in my muddy blue eyes.

Before she could say anything I turn the golden door handle, open the door and walked out to the cold winter morning. The cool breeze blows through my chocolate brown hair and goose bumps form on my bare arms. I slam the door behind me and hear the muffled voice of Sasha telling me not to slam the damn door.

I walk down the the mail box. My long, lilac pyjama pants soaking up the cold water from the puddles on the foot path.

As I reach the mail box I open it up and pull out the letters. I read out who the letters are addressed to. Sasha, Sasha, Dad, Sasha, Elnora Haris, Sasha, wait. I go back to the perfect white envelope with my name written perfectly in black, curly writing on the back. I turn it over and see the gold trimming surrounding the envelope.

I quickly run inside and dump all the mail on the kitchen table with Sasha yelling at me for apparently trudging mud through the house. I run to my room and slam the door behind me making a large bang, shaking the old house on its foundations. Hopping onto my bed, I tare open the envelope and pull out the white piece of paper. I held it in front of me and read it to myself

Dear Miss Elnora Haris,

You have been selected to participate in a secret experiment. On the 1st of September at 7:00am a black Cadillac will be parked outside your house. You will be driven to the airport where you will board a plane to London, England. Once in London you will find another black Cadillac. You will get in the car and it will take you to a secret base where you will start your training.

You must not tell anyone where and why you are going. This is a secret organisation and if revealed there will be serious consequences. If needed you must lie to your friends/family as by telling them they may be in serious danger.

Good luck!

S. Cowell

CSA Director

I set the letter down on my bed and looked at the date. The 25th of August, less than a week till I have to leave. I decided to tell my dad before I told anyone else as he has been there for me my whole life.

"Dad, where are you?" I shout, walking around the house looking for my dad.

"Don't shout!" Sasha yells at me contradicting herself. I look at her in disbelief.

"I'm in the back yard!" I hear a faint shout through the glass door. I run out to the back to find my dad gardening in the tiny veggie patch.

"Dad, I got accepted into a, um," I thought for a while. I couldn't tell him where I was going because the letter said not to and I didn't really know where I was going.