Chapter 4

Whole throughout the wedding,Lakshman had eyes only for his wife. She looked beautiful,in that red sari of hers. Exquisite. She looked every inch radiant .He winked when their eyes met.

Urmila blushed as she saw the wink. The ceremony was tearful for Mithila as they were sending their daughters for their future in Ayodhya. In no time, Urmila and her sisters had bade their family good bye and were on their way to Ayodhya. They were thankful that they had each other in their new home.Ayodhya was celebrating in splendour. They were ecstatic that their four beloved princes were returning with brides. Ma Kaushalya greeted them first,then Ma Kaikeyi and Ma Sumitra,at last as per the ritual. All the mothers were extremely happy and hugged each bride welcoming them into their new home.

Soon,Urmila found herself ushered into a hot bath,her fresh clothes laid out for the night to come. She was decked by her doting maids, she waited anxiously for her husband to arrive in their chambers. The large balcony doors were wide open revealing a full moon. A slight breeze blew .She was anxious. She knew what to expect but didnot seem quite ready for it.Suddenly Lakshman came inside,closing the front door behind him. He came up to the bed where Urmila was sitting,looking up into his eyes.

He sat beside her looking at her. " You look beautiful,Mila" was all he could manage. He was anxious too. Urmila smiled as she scooted closer,taking his face in her palms," You look utterly handsome,my dear ...." 

" Call me,Lakshman,please Mila,drop the formality." he said bringing his face closer to hers, crossing his nose against hers. 

She felt a bit dizzy as his lips touched hers,his arms enveloping her body, pulling her in his lap. She broke from the kiss gasping for air. He closed his eyes,revelling in her taste. She kissed his forehead,his cheeks,his nose,his lips every inch of his face. He smiled holding her close. He headed straight to her lips again,this time,more furious than the last. His hands pressed her back pulling her as close as physically possible. She let out a gasp as he kissed her neck. And that was the time Urmila felt,she was ready. 

" I won't force you,Mila,my sweet" he said " I just want to hold you forever, be with you.."

She cut him across by another heated kiss,this time her fingers tracing his chest. One of her hands in his hair ,the other moving on his torso. 

"Mila" he gasped" I cannot control myself if you do all this" he said pulling away from the kiss.

" I have been wanting to do that all this time" she pouted.

" And I have been wanting to touch you,kiss you since the day I saw you in the lake." he said .

" Help me remove this" she said softly signalling her ornaments. She sat in front of the dresser as he helped her remove them one by one.

"It's like unwrapping a present you have already got" chuckled Lakshman.Urmila got up as the last ornament was removed. She turned around asking him to help him with her clothes. He gulped. 

" Now you are teasing me" he said softly pulling her close,looking at her in the mirror. She leaned against him and said"No,Lakshman,I am ready"

His breath hitched as he stared at his wonderful wife. She kissed the corner of his lips and led him to the bed. He pushed her lightly on the bed hovering over her" Are you sure?" 

" Yes" she said pulling him towards her.

That night was a union of loved ones,body and soul,pouring forth their unblemished love for each other, to which the moon outside was a witness.

* I hope it was not very bad. It was a  bit difficult as it should not cross a certain boundary yet there should be hint of the romance unfolding. But I enjoyed writing it and I hope you like reading it.

Thank you, the next one will be up soon.