Chapter 5

Days passed by blissfully for the newly wedded couples. As the court proceedings increased,Lakshman found it extremely difficult to spend more time with his wife.But Urmila had expected this to happen and spent most of her time with her sisters and in the arena built for practicing. He would have gone by the crack of dawn after a quick kiss and would return back as she was getting into bed.

 But today Lakshman was determined to meet her the first chance he got,but she was not in their chambers nor with her sisters. He saw a lone figure practicing against a wooden dummy in the arena. The sun was slowly setting as the last rays cast their light on her lean, tall frame.He came down to meet her. He picked up his sword from the wall bounding the arena.He did not use his sword very often. He was more of an archer but his sword fighting was not bad at all.

"How about a duel, princess Urmila?" he said as he neared her. She swiftly turned around smiling," You love to lose?" she taunted, as her sword jauntily hung from her hands,the other hand on her hip.

"It's a yes?" he said standing in front of her.

" Fight me,Soumitra" she said her eyes glinting.

" I need to get going after some time,though." he replied.

" Making excuses now, scared husband?" she said facing him.

" You wish, beautiful wife" he said. They bowed.

In a few seconds, clashes could be heard outside. Ram and Sita looked out of their windows witnessing the feirce duel going on below. 

" Urmila does not lose" Sita said her eyes never leaving the fight.

" She seems a bit too confident" countered Ram.

Ram was right. Urmila knew Lakshman was better with  a bow and arrow and assumed him to be a bit lousy with a sword. She was going easy on him and was not as focused. Lakshman took his advantage and forced her sword off her hands,  pointing the sword at her.

Ram smiled looking at his anxious wife.  Suddenly,Sita exclaimed" Look!"

Urmila had one knee to the ground and her hands  clapped against the blade of the sword on either sides, preventing Lakshman from striking it down. Her tied hair had come down framing her beautiful face. She looked up at him a small smile on her lips. As he was momentarily distracted by her wink, she mustered up  her strength and knocked him down. She knew he would get up again and jumped on his waist holding him down. 

" We have seen enough" said Ram hastily pulling Sita in with him.

"You cheated,you minx" Lakshman panted.

" Of course not, You got distracted" retorted Urmila using all her strenghth to hold him to the ground.

"I donot attack one who does'nt have a weapon. And I had already seperated you from yours. The fight was over" He said smiling slyly. " And anyway, I can easily lift you off"

" No,you can't, you are trapped here" scoffed Urmila

" Is it?" he murmured, swiftly lifting her off him and carried her bridal style.

" Where are you going? Put me down!" she said hitting his chest lightly.

He put her down and sprinted back to get the swords. Weaponry must never be disrespected by any warrior. She was glaring at him.

" You look more beautiful when you glare" he said keeping the swords back.

She was still nursing her hurt ego. He pinned her against the wall trapping her between his arms. " Now,who's the one trapped?" he whispered his lips close to hers. 

Urmila could not breathe. She leaned in,pressing her lips to his. As the kiss deepened,Lakshman withdrew smiling," I won"

" No you didnot!" She exclaimed looking quite irritated.

He took a few steps back, the sly smile never leaving his face. 

" I had you under me! You lost!" she shouted after him as he neared the exit waving his goodbye.

" Don't I have you under me most of the time?" he shouted back  a grin spreading on his face. He turned away just in time to see a blush creep up her face.

*Lakshman is also called Soumitra which means Sumitra's son.

* It is not very long. Hoped you liked it. Thank you for reading.