Chapter 2

At the treehouse, Lance walked into the room and saw Kayla frightened. Even Dante woke up and saw her frightened.
Lance came to her and ask her, "Are you okay, Kay?"
"Yeah," she replied with her face back to normal. "It was just a dream."
Lance hugged her and said, "It is okay. I am always here for you."
She hugged him back and said, "Thank you, brother and I am always here for you, too."
"Anyway, it is time for breakfast.," Lance said as they released. Lance also gave Kayla a black outfit to wear. He left the room, so Kayla can get dress. Dante was in the room with Kayla and he knows that Kayla is not okay.
"Kayla," he said. "I know you're lying. You are not okay and you had a nightmare." Kayla knew that he will always know what is wrong with her. "You know I knew you for 18 years now, right?"
She said, "Listen Dante. I really don't want Lance and the others to know, okay?"
"Why?," He asked her
She was a bit scared to tell, but she replied, "I just met them and I began to trust them. I really don't want them to worry since I met them." She looked at him and he actually understood her. "Besides, they have jobs and other things to worry about. But, I definitely know that I need to see Varian and Karina, though."
Dante made a curious look and asked, "Why?'
"Because they were in my dream last night.," Kayla replied back while putting on her shirt. "And I also saw Zhan Tiri."
Dante eyes were widened and he can't believe what he just heard. He said, "What? That is impossible."
"I know," Kayla said. "But she was different and she actually had powers and she actually was able to rose me, Varian, and Karina. She said that she will come back for her revenge and she will come after the 6 of us."
Dante asked, "Do you mean the 6 people that can hear voices?" Kayla nod her head. "I know that you and Varian can hear voices, but why is she after Karina? Does she hear voices, too?"
She replied while putting on her boots, "I don't know Dante, but I will chat with them today."
Lance yelled, "Breakfast time!"
Kayla and Dante left the room and Kayla whispered to Dante, "Don't tell no one else until the time is right." Dante nodded. They came to the table and sat with Angry and Catalina. Lance came over with a plate of pancakes, bacon, and eggs. Catalina, Angry, and Lance began to eat and Kayla and Dante was curious of what they were eating.
Dante asked, "What are you all eating?"
Angry replied, "We are eating pancakes, bacon, and eggs."
Catalina add-in, "These are good. You should try them." Kayla and Dante sniff them and tried a bite of each. To them, it was...
Dante said, "Ew, this is disgusting."
"I agree," Kayla said. "No offense, Lance. Sorry, but we are vegetarians. We don't eat meat or pork."
Lance said with a smile, "It's okay. I support people who are different." That made Kayla and Dante happy. They thought he was scream at them and force them to eat it.
"Thank you," Kayla and Dante said, in unison.
"So," Catalina said. "It is time for Story Breakfast."
Dante and Kayla was both confuse and they both asked, "Story Breakfast?? What is that??"
Angry said, "Story Breakfast is a time when everyone at the table can tell stories about what happened to them. Like during school or at work, etc."
"Also," Lance add-in. "It has to be appropriate for the others."
Dante said, "That should be easy."
Catalina asked, "Oh really? Then why don't you go first?" Everyone looked at Dante.
"Okay," he replied. He had to think of a story to tell. "Okay, I got something. It was 10 years ago and it was the first time that Kayla and I tried meat. Wolfie, an elder of the wolves and our wolf father (foster), bring back meat for the pack. He gave me and Kayla some. When we tried, we like it. But that was a big mistake. The other day, we got sick."
Kayla cut-in, "And we stayed in bed for 4 whole months." Kayla and Dante began to laugh because that happened. Angry and Catalina snickered and Lance was keeping in his sense of humor. Next was Angry.
"My turn," Angry said. "Yesterday was our first day of school. I met a girl name Jules. She is 17 years old. She was being picked on by a group of boys. I helped her and the boys were afraid of me. They left her alone for the rest of the day. She was appreciated and I asked if she wanted to be friends with me. She accepted."
"Aww," Kayla said. "It is nice helps your new friend."
Angry said, "Thanks, Auntie Kay." Kayla nodded back at her.
"Okay," Catalina said. "So I want to tell about how Angry and I first met dad. Angry and I were thieves. We stole alot and we were famous until we got caught by dad and Eugene. They had to help us change and they did. They protect us and we saved them." Kayla and Dante was confused.
Kayla said, "Wait, I thought Angry and Catalina were you're biological children, Lance."
"Yeah about that," Lance said with a chuckle. "I adopted them 5 years ago. They didn't had any parents."
"Aww. That is nice.," Dante said. Kayla smiled at Lance and she is happy for what he did.
Angry said, "Now it is your turn, Auntie Kay."
"Oh boy," she thought. "I have to tell a story now. A good story." She had to think and think. Lance knows that she is struggling.
So he said, "Hey Kayla, if you want, you can tell us more about our sister, Nina." That made Kayla a little bit upset and mad, but it made Angry and Catalina surprised.
Catalina said, "Whoa, you guys have another sister. Cool."
Kayla said depressingly, "No thanks. I rather not tell a story." Lance knows that he just made her upset, even the others knew.
Lance said, "Kayla, I am sorry. I should never..."
"It is okay," Kayla cut-in. "I am not in the mood. I need to go to the castle."
Angry asked, "Why?"
"I need to see Karina and Varian.," Kayla said. "I am not hungry. I will be back later." She left the room and jump from the treehouse to the ground. She survived. Her eyes glowed red and she ran as fast as she could.
Lance was at the table and said, "I shouldn't said Nina. She is now mad."
Dante said, "We need to hurry and get to the castle."
"Why?," Catalina asked.
"Just trust me," Dante said. "Trust me." They all hurried up and rode/run to the castle...