Chapter 5

The others made it to Snuggly Ducks and Lance began to work.
"Okay what do y'all wanna eat?," He asked them. "And don't worry. It's on me." They all looked at each other and then looked at Lance.
They all said, in unison, "Can I have a salad, please?" That made them look at each other again and they laughed, including Lance.
"Okay," he said. While he made 8 plates of salad, Karina wanted to give something to Kayla.
"Hey, Kayla?," Karina said. "I-- Well, we want to give you something."
Kayla said, "Sure. What is it?"
"You have to close your eyes," Varian said.
"And pull out your wrist.," Catalina said. Kayla did what they said to do and Karina put something around her wrist. When Kayla opened her eyes, she saw a shiny, pearl bracelet.
"It is a bracelet we made," Angry said.
"It means that we are all friends.," Maria said. They pulled out their bracelets, too. "Welcome to the gang." They all hugged her and she hugged them. She now has friends. They released as soon as Lance come with their food. He passed them out and they eat.
"This is so much better," Kayla said. Meanwhile, Dante was over there close to a stage. He heard Hook Foot shouts. He went backstage and saw him cry.
"This is hopeless," I have no performers for the performance. And people will leave and never come back." He continued to cry.
Dante walked close to him and said, "I might know who will perform."
Hook Foot asked, "Who would perform?"
Dante replied, "Kayla."
____________________________________
"Seriously, Dante?," Kayla said while they were backstage.
"Kayla," Dante said. "Please do it for Hook Foot. Do it for Lance." Kayla looked at Hook Foot.
Hook Foot said, "Please. I'll give you whatever you want. I can give you a lot of Durnish for free and I can let you and your friends not to pay for anything y'all order. I can also pay you gold." That made Kayla and Dante happy.
"Deal," Kayla said. Hook Foot smiled and he hugged her.
Hook Foot yelled, "Thank you so much! You will not regret this!" He had to grab her wrist and take her to the dress-up room, so she can change and do her hair. She was all alone. She put on a black tink top with a picture of a red heart, a black pair of pants, and a pair of black boots. She put her hair up in a ponytail and then, she heard a knock.
"Come in," she said. It was Varian.
He said, "Hey, Kay. I wanted to wish you good luck."
"Thanks," she said. They looked at each other for a while until Hook Foot came in.
He said, "Showtime." Kayla walked to the door and looked at Varian.
"See you out there," Kayla said.
Varian said with a smile, "You too." Kayla smiled back at him and she head on stage. Her heart was beating fast as soon as she got on stage. Everyone looked at her, including her friends. Varian just got back to her seat. Then, the door opened. Rapunzel, Eugene, and Qurin came in and sat down with the others. Now, Kayla was nervous, but she was doing this for her new family.
So she began to sing...

We are, we are
Not your ordinary fami-mily
But we can all agree that
We are, we are
Close as close can be
People began to dance to it a little bit and began to feel the rhythm.
So it don't matter what it looks like
We look perfect to me
We got every kind of love
I feel so lucky indeed
They can keep on talking
It don't matter to me cause
We are, we are family
Kayla began to dance a little as well and she was having a good time.
We are are are are (We are)
We are, we are family, family, family
She sang her heart out loud.
So what?
We don't look, we don't act
We don't walk, we don't talk
Like you do
So what?
If we hang just to hang
Ain't no shame
We gon' do what we want to

Cause we come from everywhere
Searching for ones to care
Somehow we found it here
We found us a home

We are, we are
Not your ordinary fami-mily
But we can all agree that
We are, we are
Close as close can be
People began cheering for her, including her family. Lance was the main yelling, "Go little sis!"
So it don't matter what it looks like
We look perfect to me
We got every kind of love
I feel so lucky indeed
They can keep on talking
It don't matter to me cause
We are, we are family
Kayla began to snap her fingers in rhythm with the song.
OK, so the links in our chain makes us strange
But really they make us stronger
And I wouldn't replace not a thing
Mother or father
Cause we,

Cause we come from everywhere
Searching for ones to care
Somehow we found it here
We found us a home
"Come on people! Joined in!!," Kayla yelled to them. Now everyone is singing along...
We are, we are
Not your ordinary fami-mily
But we can all agree that
We are, we are
Close as close can be

So it don't matter what it looks like
We look perfect to me
We got every kind of love
I feel so lucky indeed
They can keep on talking
It don't matter to me cause
We are, we are family
She stopped dancing and snapping her fingers. They stopped singing along and Kayla sings by herself...
(Family)
(We are)
We are, we are family
When she ended, people were cheering and clapping. Kayla left the stage and headed where her friends were at. Everyone hugged her and they were happy of her.
"Nice job," Varian said.
Kayla said, "Thanks Vari." Varian blushed a little bit. Hook Foot walked over to the group and shook her hand. He also handed her 10 pieces of gold.
Hook Foot said, "Thank you, Kayla. You put on a great show. Where did you learn that?"
"You're welcome," Kayla said. "And I just made the song. Hey is it okay if I can work here as a singer?" Hook Foot was happy for what she said.
He smiled at her and said, "Of course you can. And I can still keep that deal." He looked at the others and told them, "For now on, you guys can get things for free. Thanks to Kayla." Angry and Catalina was happy and the others smiled. Kayla was happy too. She has her family, now and she has job, so she can help out Lance. Everything was coming together...