Don't Speak

(Please play the song. You probably figured out that the songs are literally the music of the universe)

~~~

I wake up to the sounds of crickets chirping.

I yawn and some vines fall on the ground. I lean over the edge of my tree.

"That wasn't me." I say to the empty air.

I feel like someone is raising an eyebrow at me. I huff and cross my arms. I glare at the sky.

"I'm serious!" I stomp my foot and start walking to gather some breakfast.

Once I'm all filled up on berries I start walking towards the spring. I peek in and sigh. Yup. I got berry juice on my face. I wash it off...I try to wash it off. It's not my fault that it takes forever to get unstained!

I walk in a random direction. I strain to hear something in the distance.  What was that? I skip towards the sound before I stop.

"What if they're evil? Like the evil Uncle Mandos was telling me about."

I narrow my eyes and hide behind a tree. I hear twigs cracking under the people's weight.

I hear someone muttering until I hear a gruff vice say, "Come out. We know you're there."

I gulp and slowly step out from behind my tree.

They look at me dumbfounded.

I wave hi to them. I wish I could talk to them though. I'm happy Uncle Eru gave me the ability to understand all the languages on Middle Earth but I'm sad I can't speak them.

They lower their weapons. It looks like there's about thirteen people a bit taller than me and one really tall old guy.

The one with the pointy grey hat speaks up. "How did you get here child?"

I use my hands to try to mimick falling but they just look even more confused.

The one with no shoes speaks up, "Can you not talk Miss?"

I shake my head no.

"You'll have to ask her yes or no questions Gandalf."

"Do you know where you are child?"

I mean, I'm in a forest. But overall...no?

I shake my head no.

I make a questioning gesture towards them.

"Umm, we are in a forest but we're being chased by some... things."

I nod in response before taking a step forward towards them.

They beckon me forward more. "Come child, we have plenty of room." I think the guys name was Gandalf.

I walk towards their fire and wave hello to everyone.

The tallest little one, I think they're dwarves actually, leans forward.

"No Gandalf, this journey is much to dangerous for a child."

I huff and cross my arms. I am not a child, meanie!

I run over to him and kick him in the shins. I stick my tongue out at him and run off.

I sit next to the barefoot one. We match, we're both barefoot!

I look at him and he looks at me.