Antlers

I look up at the king on the throne. I'm getting a lot of echos from him, he must be really old. He has a big crown. I'mma nickname him Antlers. Legolas told me he likes to ride moose's into battle.

He looks at me curiously. "So you're the child that can speak Elvish."

I nod.

He narrows his eyebrows. "Hmm, the only race of men I know of that does that is near Lord Elrond's doorstep. You're a long way from home child."

I huff and cross my arms. "I'm almost fifteen! I am not a child."

He raises his eyebrows. "Yes, I believe you completely."

I glare at him and roll my eyes at the sarcastic comment.

All the other elves in the room look at me funny. He must not show emotion a lot huh.

"So how did you end up in the forest child?"

"Grandpa Eru put me here after the fire and I died!"

Everyone looks at Lindalea dumbfounded and confused. The fire, her visiting the halls of Mandos. Surely this can not be a coincident! What she described was the fall of the four great houses. She's like Glorfindel... A twice-born.

The king splutters. "Surely you can not mean...The Eru. Right?"

I shrug. They look confused but just accept it as one of my weird quirks.
With how long we've been talking they have to know some stuff about me.

I yawn. "Mr Antlers, I'm tired. Can we talk tomorrow?"

I run over to the company and give them their goodnight kisses and hugs.

Then I walk over to Legolas and hold my hands up. He picks me up and starts walking over somewhere. Hopefully to a bed. I miss fluffy blankets!

**After finding fluffy stuff and sleep**

Mr Antlers calls me back to the throne room.

"Unfortunately, the dwarfs have to be on their way. They decided to leave you here for safety."

I nod reluctantly and hug and kiss each and every one of them. I squeeze their hands three times. A system we use that means I love you.

We all cry a bit. (Although no one would ever admit it)

At first they were really confused because they thought that I would've stayed with them...I can be stubborn when I want to.
I send them off and go back to the throne room.

Mr Antlers looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

I gesture to my hair. "You're hair looks very pretty. I need mine done. Can you put it in braids like Legolas please?"

The elves around me try to cover their snickers from the king with a cough.

Mr Antlers looks lost for a moment. "Child, those are warrior braids."

I shrug.

He rolls his eyes and starts doing my hair. He pauses for a long while once he reaches the braid above my ear.

I turn around and raise an eyebrow at him after about fifteen minutes of him just sitting there.

Chaos, he must be older than I thought.

"You--you--you're an elfling!"
He stutters disbelievingly.

"Are elflings that uncommon? Plus, I thought I was to short to be an elf."