Chapter 1

Hi guys I'm glad writing and sharing this stories with you. This is one of the books I'm writing and the first I'm publishing. Hope you love it, read, vote and comment my work as an encouragement.   😘

                        Chapter 1

"All I wanted was to see him smile... but when he finally did I couldn't resolve myself to stop nor back down."

We live in a world controlled by Aristocrats. They are extremely powerful people who rule with pride and power. They have Leghis from which they obtain their power and they care about themselves and themselves alone unless you have any worth to be looked at. Apart from that they are merciless but there are some exceptions as usual.

That's all I know about them since in this city there's no aristocrat. I've just seen them on TV and got Elliott my best friend which is also like a brother to me, to tell me about them.

Holidays were almost over and I'd worked my ass to save enough money for my new life. I was so excited to go away, leaving this rough and sad life behind me as an old story.

Since the age of 10 I'd been abandoned by my adoptive parents in this town when we came by for a so called trip and have managed up till right now. I have never met my parents and that bothered me, usually made me cried especially when I was bullied 'cause of that.

I had my first job at the age of 10 at little pastry store where I was fed and had a shelter in return for my work. It went on from morning to noon then there was the second job I had in a library from 1pm to 3pm where I received a little salary to cover my school necessities .

I managed the two jobs till I had enough money for at least a year and started school as everyone during school resume. I kept the jobs at the pastry shop and library during summer holidays but during school time, I worked only after school at the pastry shop.

You may think that's exaggerated but no it ain't. It is the truth. That's how I spend my summer holidays, in search for money.  I had almost no friends of my age as I was always in the shop or in the library with elderly people.

I got up this morning, I had my morning routine done, then went down to the shop to do the day pastries. I made the tables and opened the store to receive the first clients before the shop owner, Ms. Helena could show up.

She was a petit woman with long almost all grey hairs, she loved smiling and spoke with an strange accent that I loved and some times used it just for fun.

she was kind and warm hearted.  She loved me so much and had confidence in me as much as to hand me the shop's key. Since the day I had known how to do almost all the pastries off heart she could stay at home until the hour I was to go to the library.

I had some profits as time went by and saved that for college. I wanted my college life to be much more different from what I had at the moment, praying that luck moved to my side by then.

My first client in the morning was Mr. Brown and his daughter Shella. He bought pastries here early in the morning for his daughter who loved both the pastries and I. She will harass him through out the day if he didn't. He was an only parents but always managed to be a great parent... at least from my point of view.

"Hello Mr. Brown" I greeted

"Hello Miss Ren. How are you today?" He asked.

"I'm fine and you?"

"I'm fine as well."

"How can I help you Mr Brown" I asked with a little smile.

"The usuals please"