Chapter 35

I sat in Klaus' office opposite to him in his huge chair behind the large table. I was too scared to stay alone now so I clinged to him all day long. He understood what I meant the day after the incident. I was restless, saw and head things that weren't real, my imagination playing tricks on me.

It was few days after the incident with Marion and every time I asked him what was done to Marion he would royally brush me off. He was so subtle about it that I felt defeated by the moment.

I looked up from the huge book I picked in his library few days ago with his company of course. For the millionth time I wanted to figure out what was going on in his head. He always looked as handsome as ever but now that he was fully concentrated on his work he was even more (thought it would be impossible but there he was).

" Stop staring" he said, his eyes never leaving the transparent screen infront of him. A smile cracked on my lips as I looked away blushing.

Jeez, what he does to me.

I got up to look around as I guessed he needed concentration and my prying eyes couldn't be any beneficial. My eyes fell on a curtain slightly flying off the wall as the wind blew in its direction through the open window.

The curtain was not what caught my attention, the vitrine was. I walked towards the soft waving fabric and push them away just to meet a glass wall cupboard filled with bottle, wine and whisky bottles. Next to it were various shapes of wine and whisky glasses.

I smiled at myself. The guy knew how to please himself when he wanted to.

I opened it, touched them with the tip of my fingers. I couldn't remember seeing them when I worked for him. Did he just install it? I took out a bottle and tried to read what was written on  it but it was written in a language I'd never seen before.

I forced my lips to say the words but couldn't. I resigned on the attempt and went to open it. I took out a whisky glass to pour some in for me. It had been long I didn't drink any alcoholic beverage and maybe now I needed some to help my mind oif it's traumatic experience.

" Do not drink that" his voice boomed through the room, sounding like he was just behind me. The glass almost fell from my hands but I held it tighter. I turned around to face him as he did.

" Why not?" Despite the fact I was already intruding in his belongings I still had the audacity to ask that but would I feel guilty for prying now meanwhile I had been doing just that since I met him?

" It's not good for your health" I raised a brow in confusion but did as he said.

" What should I do about this ?" I raised the half filled glass up slowly shaking it for emphasis.

" Come" I closed the whisky bottle before walking towards him. He took it out of my hand, taking a sip out of it and placed it next to him.

"What does it contains that makes it bad for my health but good for yours?" If he thought I wouldn't drink because I was under age, he was so wrong because I had Rhea to teach me that.

" A spell was casted upon it" he said leaning in his chair looking at my standing form.

" A spell" I whispered tasting the words on my tongue. He nodded at me.

" So I could get a little affected even if it's not as strong as I would have liked it to be. But if you just take a sip you'll be out. Maybe in a coma for few months" ha, LMAO. He doesn't plan to scare me off with that, does he?

" Bullshit" I mumbled under my breath but he heard it as he next smirked cockily at me.

" Are all the others spelled too?"