Chapter • 7

| Black • Caught |

Begin

Lily Pov

We successfully infiltrated the venue, for now the nobles haven't notice our presence. The both us are hiding in the upper room which it is reserved by some noble, and it seems like there isn't anyone here.

"Aah~ this spot has a nice view, you can totally see it from up here." Luna sat at the nearest daybed which she is right, you can see some of the nobles chatting and patiently seating at their seats.

"Honorable ladies and gentlemen, we will now start the auction."

The auction finally began officially, lights went out in the hall and was instead focused on the front stage.

After awhile, products finally began to come onto the stage, one by one. There were many things such as the legendary sword from the neighboring kingdom, a legendary potion made from the famous alchemist and many stuff.

Our main goal here is to find some of the Cursed Guardians, their appearances are rarely shown and it comes from darkness.

"Everyone, attention please! This will be the last item of this auction."

Time passed and we are now ready to make our move.

"Guardians that are beneath in the darkness, lurking through the shadows."

Luna: Here it comes

"The legends says it all! Everyone, this is the product you've all been waiting for--"

And finally, the black cloth removed was removed by the host

"May I present! The Cursed Guardians!"

The box looks small in the inside. I pretty sure it's a magic item called Space box, as the host opened the box two Cursed Guardians appeared but were shackled, A Cat and A Crow and both of them seem to be black. The host closed the space magic box and waited for the nobles to snap in reality.

An explosive racket swept through the auction house, everyone seemed shocked to see the product that had come up in the auction.

"...Impossible!"

Someone yelled among the buzzing crowd

"Prove it!"

"Cursed Guardians are impossible to obtain!"

As some of the nobles began to doubt and retort about the product

The host who's still standing spoke firmly:

"I can assure you that this product, Cursed guardian. Is real, it may seems impossible to obtain but someone gave us this Guardians to sell. The bidding will start at 1 million gold."

The hall turned into more an uproar

As the host stood firm, everyone felt more dubious instead and the atmosphere felt restless. I mean who wouldn't, the price is high and the last product is a guardian. Cursed Guardian.

Luna: ...the host mentioned 'someone'

Lily: wonder who could that be?

"...1 million gold."

Right when everyone was in a confusion state, someone called out loudly in the silent hall

As the atmosphere filled with suspicion some people thought 'Is it a decoy'. But then another voice cut through the room.