22: Fading Moon: 2

Chapter 22: Fading Moon: 2

At 2:22 A.M..there was a low humming from an engine in her driveway, footsteps approaching her front door. Then a sharp, but quiet knock at the wooden door. Alice exited the dim-moon lit kitchen and headed to her front entrance. When she opened the door, FP stood with a soft smile on his features with a Tupperware dish held out in his left arm as his other arm rested against the wood paneling.

"You weren't kidding..." Alice mutters underneath her breath as she takes in the sight in front of her. She turns to him and shakes her head in disbelief. "FP, this is so nice of you... but I'm okay."

"Nope, I wasn't kidding and there's no way I'm letting you suffer like this." He said as he walked right passed her and leaving her too stunned to move.

He flipped on the lights and took the bag that was hanging over his shoulder and plopped it gently onto marble kitchen island. Next he opened the bag and pulled out the contents that made Alice gasp. Alice came over to the kitchen island with her mouth wide open.

"You brought me chimichangas?" She literally couldn't believe her eyes. FP smirked at the look on her face and nods his head.

"Yes, I did. I might've called Hermione and asked what Mexican club was open and Voila here we are!"

"FP..."

He gave her a look." Alice, I insist you have some. Hermione says that they are the best. She also told me not to call her at 1 in the morning ever again. I interrupted her and Fred." Alice chokes as FP told her the story.

"Hermione and Fred had sex while on the phone with you?" His head nod made her grimace even more."I didn't know her and Fred were back on." She said honestly as she took a bite from the Chimichangas that he had gotten for her.

"Apparently from what Fred has told me that grieving for Hiram wasn't all they did after his funeral." Alice chokes back a gasp.

"AT his funeral?!" She exclaimed a little too loudly. "Wow... I mean I didn't care for the man but that is something..."

It felt good to be with him at breaking-dawn, having small-talk that made her almost pee her pants. It had been a long time since she and FP had actually enjoyed each other's company. Maybe it was worth calling him and getting some chimichangas.

"Mmhmm... Hermione was absolutely right... mmmhmm these are so good." She moaned as she stuffed her mouth.

FP took one chimichanga from the dish and took a bite and also moaned. Alice had been right. Hermione was absolutely right about how good they were. He really owed her.

—xxx—

By time, Betty woke up she noticed opened boxes of take-out that had littered the island. She began to get curious and figured it was time to investigate. She slowly eyed the room until she found a sight that made a smile creep onto her lips. She found her mom on the couch with her head resting on FP's chest. She took out her phone and snapped a photograph of them. They looked so cozy.

She only had one questioned: how did he end up here? She would ask her mom but she didn't want to interrupt the moment. She carefully and quietly backed away. She had to get ready for school and then she would be out the door. She had a huge exam to do.

A couple hours later, Alice found herself in a pair of arms. She squinted and then silently gasped in her head." How did this happen?" She thought to herself as she looked at FP. He was still snoring lightly and she didn't want to wake him but she had to do stuff. FP felt a slight shift and slowly awoke from his sweet slumber to find Alice's wide-eyed.