Chapter 4

Peeta and I wake up at 10:00 AM sharp, staring at the ceiling and sometimes each other, scared of what will happen later today. It kind of reminds me of the Tribute Parade, when we show the world who we are, but instead, we are showing President Snow who we are.

Peeta decides to make pancakes for breakfast. The blueberry ones are always my favorite of his, so he always makes a little batch since he hates blueberry. We sit on the couch while eating breakfast, side by side, with Peeta's arm around me until the television automatically turns on and the words "Captiol TV hosted by Caesar Flickerman" comes on. I quickly turn up the volume, and I remember hearing the words coming out of Caesar's mouth, "Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are once again in terrible danger! President Snow has come back to life and is trying to hunt down the MockingJay! All they have is each other, so they should survive this. I mean they survived two hunger games, so they can obviously survive another murder plot! At least I think they can. More details coming soon!" The television automatically turns off.

I quickly burst into tears. I lay my head on Peeta's chest, hearing his heartbeat. Who knows? That might be the last time I'll hear his heartbeat. He can die today. I can die today. We could both die today. Or we can both live again. The survival rate is below 5% but Peeta and I can stay with each other. We always do. We are supposed to leave for the Capitol at 12:00 PM and it's already 11:30, but I don't want to move. I'm right where I want to be. I'm with Peeta.

"We should probably get going," he says. "We don't want to miss our train to the Capitol." "You're right," I say. "Let's get going." I sit up and give Peeta a long kiss, which felt like in hour but it was only 30 seconds. I walk up to our bedroom and find my MockingJay suit in the back of my closet, thinking I wouldn't have to wear it again, I slipped it on and it felt the exact same as it did two years ago. Peeta wore his outfit from the 74th Hunger Games. He honestly hasn't changed a bit either. He's still handsome, charming but still has minor flashbacks from the venom that Snow gave him two years ago.

I walk downstairs to find Peeta talking to Haymitch on the phone. I hear him say, "We are about to leave. If we don't make it out, just remember we died together. We died with the love of our lives in each other's arms. And that's all we wanted to do. We wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Goodbye Haymitch." "Goodbye Peeta, and remember... Stay Alive."

I grab Peeta's hand and say, "Are you ready?" "Ready." He says. Then we head off for the train to the Capitol, both feeling like we are about to start the 76th Annual Hunger Games...starting another journey to the Captiol...