Shuriki is back?

Princess Sofia was lucky to have many exciting adventures, and there was one very exciting adventure closest to her heart. She remembered when she learned what happened in the kingdom of Avalor. The Amulet of Avalor used to belong to Queen Lucia, who passed it down to her older daughter, Princess Elena, telling her it would always protect her from harm. The Amulet was ruby red at that time. A year later, Avalor was invaded by an evil, power-hungry sorceress named Shuriki. She struck down Lucia and King Raul, then set her sights upon the palace. The royal wizard, Alacazar, knew a spell that could protect Elena's younger sister Isabel and their grandparents in an enchanted painting. But he needed time to cast it, so Elena chose to face Shuriki on her own. Shuriki tried to strike Elena down, but the Amulet saved her life by pulling her inside it. In the process, the Amulet turned amethyst purple. Alacazar found the Amulet and summoned his spirit animal, Zuzo, who sent him on a journey to free Elena. It took a little longer than the princess hoped—41 years. But then, Elena was freed from the Amulet by Sofia, and the jewel turned ruby pink in the process. It was finally Elena's time to take back her kingdom. With the help of Alacazar's grandson Mateo, Elena rescued Isabel and their grandparents from the enchanted painting. With the help of Sofia and the brave people of Avalor, Elena defeated the evil sorceress. As for Shuriki, she used her wand to keep herself young. But when Elena broke it, she destroyed all Shuriki's magic, and the latter aged into an ugly old woman. Shuriki fled and fell down a waterfall. Sofia and the Avalorans thought Shuriki was gone for good—but she survived, and nobody knew that.

It was a beautiful day in Enchancia. Sofia was out riding with her flying horse, Minimus. She didn't know what could be better.

"Isn't this great, Sofia?" Minimus asked.

"It sure is," Sofia smiled. "I don't think this can get any better."

Sofia was right—it wasn't going to get any better. The sky turned gray—and very dark at that. The sky turned so gray that it was almost black.

"Wow, it looks like a storm is rolling in," Minimus remarked.

But then Sofia saw something from afar: a bright green mist. She realized that it meant one thing. "Minimus, this isn't a storm!" she cried. "Shuriki is back!"

"Shuriki?" Minimus asked.

"An evil sorceress," Sofia replied. "Forty-three years ago, she invaded Avalor and overthrew the royal family. Shuriki had been ruling for 41 years, and I helped overthrow her a year ago. We have to warn my family."

Sofia and Minimus landed, and she went inside the castle to warn her family.

"Mom! Dad! Take cover! Better yet, we have to flee!" Sofia cried.

"Why? What's wrong?" Roland asked.

"Queen Shuriki is here!" Sofia revealed.

"That evil sorceress who invaded Avalor?" James asked.

"I thought she lost her life when she fell down that waterfall," Amber declared.

"Either she survived or someone brought her back to life—and she's young again," Sofia said.

"Guards! We need to go after Queen Shuriki!" Roland ordered. "Miranda, we're going to face her the minute she gets here."

"No, if you do, you'll end up like Princess Elena's parents the day Shuriki invaded Avalor," Sofia told them.

"We'll be okay, Sofia," Miranda said.

"I'll go with you," James volunteered.

"Me too," Amber chimed in.

Sofia was really worried about her family. She didn't want them to lose their lives. "I'll join you in a minute," she said. "I have to keep the animals safe."

"You do that," Miranda said.

Sofia took her bunny Clover and the birds to the stables with Minimus and James's horse, Echo. "You stay here—I have to go and stop Shuriki before we end up like Princess Elena's family," she said.

Meanwhile, Sofia's family was ready to take down Shuriki, who had just arrived at the castle.

"King Roland, long time no see," Shuriki smirked.

"You're not going through with it, Shuriki!" Roland growled.

"Then explain this," Shuriki smirked. She pulled out a fancy new wand—which looked just like her old one—and shouted, "Vadisima!"

Shuriki struck Sofia's family with that spell. Sofia's family was murdered. This was the same spell Shuriki used on Elena's parents. Sofia came to face Shuriki, and she was horrified that her family had lost their lives.

"Shuriki!" Sofia growled. "What are you doing here?"

"Getting my revenge, dear princess," Shuriki snarked. "If you hadn't freed Princess Elena from your amulet, I'd still be ruling Avalor."

"But I thought you lost your life when you fell down that huge waterfall—and I warned my family that this would happen if they faced you," Sofia glared.

"Oh, I survived that fall, and you're right: your family should've listened to you," Shuriki smirked. She waved her wand and said, "Canaza!"

The spell touched Sofia's amulet and brought it back to Shuriki.

"My amulet!" Sofia cried.

"That's right—without your precious jewel, you won't be able to avoid this!" Shuriki smirked. She waved her wand and recited, "Vadisima!"

The murder spell struck Sofia, who let out a piercing scream.