To the Rescue

That night, Sofia's family was sleeping over at Hugo's palace to put her at ease. But Sofia was still frightened by that nightmare, and she felt like it was real.

"Is Sofia okay?" Hugo's older brother, Axel, asked.

"She woke up from a nightmare this morning, having to do with Shuriki," Hugo replied. "You know, the witch who invaded Avalor 43 years ago?"

"She's been freaking out about it all day, and she knows it's just a dream," Amber said.

"I can't control myself," Sofia defended herself. "It seemed so real, as though it actually happened. I get this feeling that Shuriki survived that fall the day we overthrew her."

"You've been reading too many books, Sofia," Amber said.

"I haven't been reading any books recently, Amber," Sofia glared.

Suddenly, Sofia's and Hugo's Enchantlets started beeping and lighting up—and louder and brighter than ever.

"It sounds like there's big trouble somewhere," King Garrick surmised.

"Very," Roland agreed.

Suddenly, Sofia's amulet started glowing brightly. "Uh-oh—it looks like we're going for a ride," she declared.

The Amulet's light surrounded Sofia and Hugo—and in a flash of light, they disappeared. This surprised and concerned the royal families very much.

A moment later, in a flash of light, Sofia and Hugo appeared right in front of Elena and her family.

"It looks like we're back in Avalor," Hugo surmised.

"Sofia!" Elena cried.

"Elena!" Sofia cried. She hugged Elena tightly.

"Sofia, what are you doing here—and Prince Hugo?" Mateo asked.

"My amulet usually sends me to help a princess in distress—at least it started doing that after I freed Elena," Sofia replied.

"And our Enchantlets alerted us that there's big trouble somewhere," Hugo chimed in. "If the Amulet sent us here, then the trouble must be here."

Elena sighed and said, "You're right—Avalor is in grave danger. I have horrible news: Shuriki is back!"

Sofia and Hugo were very shocked to hear that, and Sofia didn't feel any better than she did this morning—her eyes were so big that they were perfectly round. "Please tell me that's not true," she gulped.

"I'm afraid it's true, princesita—she actually survived her tumble down that waterfall the day you saved Avalor from her," Esteban declared.

Sofia was horrified—her nightmare had actually come true.

"Wow, Sofie, it's almost as if that nightmare was a sign that Avalor was in danger," Hugo declared.

"I can't believe it's happening," Sofia freaked. "My nightmare started before it actually happened! What are we going to do?"

"Put you at ease for starters," Hugo said. "Panicking isn't going to help." He turned to the Avalorans and said, "Sofia woke up from a bad dream about Shuriki invading Enchancia, and it's been making her jumpy all day."

"Poor Sofia," Naomi sighed.

"I think I know how we can put her at ease: she can play with the baby Jaquins," Isabel suggested. "They're in my room."