this is what life is really about

Other day, they went to explore the surroundings, they walked a few kilometers and went to the other side of the mountain, they arrived, in front of them a wonderful landscape stretched as far as the eye could see, it was quite simple, and that's why it was so special, just white, at the skyline the sun was rising, the light reflected on the snow causing almost blinding sparkles, nothing could be seen but snow, it didn't even seem real, it was as if the ethereal met the earthly, as if peace and calm had intertwined knitting an infinite white blanket, as if time had frozen by the cold, as if they were blind and seeing the most beautiful of places, as if nothing was in truth everything, as if everything was in truth nothing.

I'm imaging all this?  Was the only idea on Leonard's head No, my mind can't imagine something like this He finally answered himself. In all my years in starfleet, in all my years in space going to extrange new worlds, I'd never saw nothing as gorgeous. It's incredible how something this simple, no colors, no forms, even no life can be so splendid  Leonard thought, letting go a sigh this is what life is really about.

"Fascinating" Spock said

"Indeed" Bones responded. 

He let himself drop on the ground and made a sign inviting his friend to do the same. Both of them sitting on the snow, no talking, no thinking. Leonard felt how the vulcan took his hand, he turned to him and placed a gentle kiss on Spock's lips, his cheeks went green but after a few seconds he kissed the doctor back, landing his other hand on McCoy's face. Bones surrounded him with his arms and pushed him closer. His heart was beating fast, he didn't felt cold anymore, his mind wasn't on the landscape anymore. THIS is what life is really about.

                                                         THE END?