I'm right here

They wanted him to speak at the funeral.

Tony looked at Rhodey, feeling more dead than alive.

"No."

Every limb felt as though it carried the weight of the world, soaking in the guilt of Stephens listless eyes staring blankly at him.

"Stephen..?"

His legs were bent in odd directions, eyes wide open as he looked to the sky.

Going back into their room was the hardest part. The bed felt too large.

Too empty.

He fell to his knees next to Stephen, reaching out to hold his face.

Stephen didn't lean into the touch, didn't smile up at him and cover Tonys hands with his own.

Peters screams of anguish still rang in his ears, the loss of another parents causing something inside of him to snap.

He'd held onto Tony like there was nothing else in the world that mattered. Not anymore.

"Baby..? Stephen?"

Someone's hand had landed on his shoulder, attempting to pull him back.

He couldn't leave.

His body felt like it was decaying, like it was him who should be getting put in the ground.

Everything was wrong.

He ripped himself out of the grip, holding onto Stephen like an anchor.

"I'm right here!"

More hands came to pull him away and Tony screamed, kicking and thrashing, doing all he could to stay with Stephen.

Stephen hates being alone, don't make me leave him alone!

Soft knocking forcibly pulled him from his thoughts. He didn't say a word when Peter pushed the door open, eyes red and looking tired.

He rubbed his eyes, feeling childish when he asked, "can I stay with you?"

Tony looked at him, responsibility and guilt weighing heavily on him.

He nodded, finally willing himself to step into the bed him and Stephen once shared.

Darling, I'm right here.

Not gonna lie I did tear up writing this.

Writers block is still very present but the song just makes me really emotional.

I hope y'all have a good day

-Taylor