Chapter 14: A Demon's Child

3rd person POV:

Back to the destroyed tribe:

A group of travelling women stared at the ravaged village with sympathetic eyes. Their gaze flickered over the couple burnt bodies that were piled on each other, chunks of charred flesh crumbling and breaking off.

"Right, we'll start off by holding a mass burial, then we'll have some rest", the purple-haired leader sighed. The others nodded without complaint and waited for their next orders.

"Tsu, Mina, Ochako, go back to the clearing we passed on our way here and dig up some graves. Itsuka, Shiozaki, Momo and I will carry the bodies and check for any survivors, though that seems unlikely", Jirou instructed. The women nodded and dispersed around the village.

Momo kneeled down next to the corpse of a blonde girl and wrapped her fingers around her wrist.

'There's no pulse, definitely. But her body hasn't started decaying, neither is it completely cold. Guess they were attacked a few hours ago.'

She sighed and stood up, scanning the area to count all the corpses.

'21, 22, 2- hold on, that man...I vaguely remember him.'

Momo stepped towards the dead man clad in a broken armour, sprawled lifelessly on the corpses of his comrades. She bent down, broke the armour off his body, wiped the blood with her sleeve and observed the symbol that was etched onto it.

"Momo? What's wrong?", Jirou piped in, carrying the corpse of an old woman.

"This symbol, it's the military symbol of the city I come from", Momo muttered with furrowed eyebrows.

"I remember those dead men. They were a guerilla squad that was under my old man's command. Of course, that shitbag used to kill outsiders for fun. Guess he hasn't changed", Momo said, pointing a blood-stained finger at the corpses.

"Fuck, I'm still waiting for the day we go to my birthplace. Trust me, that bastard's all mine to assassinate", Momo growled spitefully. Jirou sighed and placed her hand on Momo's shoulder.

"Calm down, love. We'll rough up that asshole some other time, but right now, let's continue with the burial", Jirou whispered in her ear, leaving a gentle kiss on Momo's cheek before bending down to carry a burnt corpse.

Momo nodded and picked up the blonde girls corpse, carrying it to the clearing in the forest where Mina, Tsu and Ochako were digging graves. The clearing where the tribe used to have meals together.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Momo heaved as she trudged back to the village, covered in blood and ash. She walked over to the last few villager's corpses, making sure to step on the faces of soldier's corpses, smiling in satisfaction as the bones snapped beneath her feet.

Bloody scumbags. Good thing Kendo demanded to dump their bodies away for some wild animals in the deeper parts of the forest.

She stumbled a bit, feeling exhaustion engulf her body. The others were fine since they were demigods, children of humans and demons, rather than gods. So they naturally had traits like faster healing, more strength and higher stamina. Plus, each of them had a unique power.

Jirou and Itsuka could turn their hands into sharp, animalistic claws that could easily gouge out flesh and instantly kill someone. Surprisingly, both of them came from the same father, a demon, but had different human mothers.

It turned out that Jirou's father had created a mortal from his blood, a daughter, but fell into a frenzy and forced her to bed with him. Thus was born the demigod, Child of Incest.

After Jirou was born, the mother tried to hide from the father but to no avail. He killed her off and left the baby to die, but the new born survived, was adopted by a fisherman and eventually learned about her origins and half-sister through a series of nightmares which included her mother.

Shiozaki could produce signal waves from her body, which helped her sense living organisms, be it human, animal, god or demigod. This power was extremely useful in their assassination missions in unfamiliar places.

Ochako could possess the conscience other living beings and take control of their body and mind, but her conscience would leave her own body, leaving her body vulnerable to enemies. Mina had impossibly fast reflexes and Tsu could control her vision, meaning she could 'zoom in and out' and see in the dark.

Momo grunted as she pushed off the soldier's corpses off the last villagers. The armoured dead bodies rolled away with a thud, dust flying in the air.

She stared at the last two bodies that lay sprawled in front of her, mangled and bruised. Her eyes widened. She fell to her knees and gripped her hair, an ear piercing scream ripping through her throat.

The other women came running in panic, gathering around Momo while trying to make her calm down. The ravenette kept screaming, her eyes darting around crazily.

"MOMO!! CALM THE FUCK DOWN!!", Jirou yelled as she pushed Momo onto the ground, holding down her arms while Mina and Itsuka held down her frantically thrashing legs. Tsu looked around to see what had caused Momo's sudden breakdown.

Her eyes landed on the two villager's corpses.

"Are those the two men she keeps talking about? Todoroki and Midoriya?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: y'all online classes started my heart can't take it anymo-