Chapter 21: Crown Prince

3rd person POV:

"It's okay Kirishima, I'm fine now. Stop crying you little wuss", Kazumi smiled at the crying Kirishima who refused to let go of his hand. He let out a small shriek when Imamara applied a medicine on the whip marks on his back, which only made Kirishima hold onto his hand harder.

After Imamara was done with patching up Kazumi, he said his 'goodnights' and went straight to bed, Miyazaki following suite. Eijiro and Kazumi were left in the washroom, staring at each other sadly.

"Kazumi...", Eijiro whispered.

Kazumi hummed in response and wiped Eijiro's tears. He knew Eijiro was scared that the same thing would happen to him. And as someone older to Eijiro, he knew he was obligated to care for the younger one. After a couple minutes of silence, Kazumi stood up and pat Eijiro's head.

"C'mon Kirishima, let's go to bed. It's way too late and I'm sleepy", Kazumi beamed, dragging Eijiro out of the washroom and into their shared bedroom. The other two were already out cold, snoring away.

With no words exchanged, the two fell to their beds and waited for sleep to consume them.

------------------------------------------------------

A month had passed since Kazumi had been called by the King, and the male concubines hadn't been called since. Their best guess was that something important had come up and the King was too busy for any late-night sessions.

The four males had just finished a filling dinner and were sharing stories of creepy stuff they had heard before. In between Miyazaki's story, a loud knock sounded on the door of their chamber. Kazumi got up and opened the door, thinking that it was one of the King's trusted guards who came to gather their plates and such.

But when he opened the door, he saw the King himself. And he looked enraged.

"Send the new kid to me within 1 hour", were the only words he spat before storming back to his room. Kazumi nodded hesitantly and closed the door. With shaky steps, he walked towards the room where the others were laughing at Miyazaki's far-fetched story.

"K-Kirishima..."

"Yeah? Um, Kazumi, you all right dude?", Eijiro asked as he watched Kazumi with raised brows. Kazumi stayed silent for a few moments, before quietly stuttering out his words.

"The King's...calling you...tonight. I-I'm sorry."

Eijiro's smile faded as the words rung through his mind. The room fell silent, with Miyazaki consoling Kazumi while Imamara took care of Eijiro. After about half an hour, the 4 males had collected themselves.

Miyazaki was unwillingly teaching Eijiro how to behave in the King's presence, what to do everytime the King ordered him to do something and such. Eijiro's nervousness only grew as he took in Miyazaki's words. Just the thought of being forced to do something so...personal...with a man like the King seemed terrifying.

He had only 10 minutes left for the time limit to come to an end. With heavy hearts, the others sent him to the room which was connected to the male concubine chamber by a narrow stairway. Just as Eijiro reached the top of said stairway, he looked back down on the other 3 males. They didn't exchange any words, and just watched each other in silence.

With tears streaming down his face, Eijiro entered the King's room and closed the door behind him.

-------------------------------------------------------

When Eijiro entered the room, the first thing he noticed was that the King wasn't present yet. He had a couple minutes left, after all. He sighed in relief, but tensed again when he observed the contents in the well lit room. A bed, a cupboard with hundreds of clothes, a connected washroom, and a weird block of wood with a small white circle that had symbols etched onto it.

Eijiro remembered Imamara teaching him about pendulum clocks, a mechanism that tells the time. It was a new creation by one of the swordsmiths, and was a very rare machine in the city. Eijiro watched the minute hand strike the uppermost symbol, which was the symbol for 12. But he didn't know how to read or write, so he didn't know what time it was was.

A chill ran down his spine as the main door of the room opened, followed by the King stepping in. His eyebrows were furrowed in irritation, but relaxed when his eyes landed on Eijiro. He gulped and bowed.

"Your M-Majesty", he greeted him the way Miyazaki told him to. The king watched him for a few moments before speaking.

"The boys have done a good job with you. Now, stri-"

Before the king could finish his words, there was a frantic knock on the door, followed by the King's guard speaking nervously.

"Your Majesty, Lord Bakugo Mitsuki accompanied by the the Crown Prince and a squadron leader has arrived without notice. It also seems as though she has an army waiting outside the city walls. She's demanding a meeting and threatens to plunder the castle if you refuse."

With a low growl, he opened the door and stepped out the room. He gave Eijiro a final glare as if to say 'stay here'. Eijiro unconsciously bowed. The second the door closed shut, Eijiro let out the breath he had been holding and stumbled against the wall, sliding down and burying his face in his knees.

--------------------------------------------------------- 

In another place in the palace, the throne room:

The King glared at the woman who was arrogantly seated on his throne. A boy who looked like a carbon copy of the seated woman stood to her left, and a tall, built woman with long white hair and tanned skin stood to her right. Mitsuki's eyes turned to the man who stood in front of her.

"Oh, didn't see you there", She mocked. The King only gritted his teeth and pulled out his sword to intimidate her. Just as his fingers touched the sword's hilt, the albino disappeared from her side and appeared behind him, her own sword menacingly pointing against his neck. The King's eyes widened.

'I didn't even see her move. What kind of trick was that?'

"Now now Mirko,  calm dow. Besides, I'm pretty sure I could take him down on my own", the Queen snarked. With an obedient nod, Mirko reappeared beside the Queen and sheathed her sword. The Queen gave her a nod of acknowledgement and continued speaking.

"Now, you disgraceful little bastard. We've caught your spy and beaten him to a pulp. Let's come to an agreement, shall we?"

---------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: nutella banana collaboration nyam nyam nya-