Prologue

3rd person POV:

"We are women, Momo. We suffer for others. We spend our lives serving our fathers and husbands. We watch our children slip out of our grasp and forget us. A man's accusing finger will always find a woman. You remember that, little one."

"You mustn't talk back rudely to your father, or any male for that matter. They're the ones that you must give your life to. They're the ones that will protect you and keep you safe from the bad people in the world, Momo."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is my daughter, Momo. She's the one you're going to wed, Shouto"

Uninterested heterochromia eyes stared at nervous black eyes in boredom. Silence followed the man's words. It became visibly uncomfortable in the room for everyone, so the elders decided to give the to-be-married-couple some alone time. Two older men, a middle aged woman and a young boy with messy green hair walked out of the bedroom, leaving Momo and Todoroki to manage their matters.

Momo settled down on the bed, fiddling with her fingers and lowering her head.

"Always keep your head down when you are near men. Men are capable of protecting you. But a single sign of disrespect or mockery, and the same men who protect you will put you in your place."

"Shou-"

"Don't call me that."

"Todoroki, do you... have anything against this marriage?"

. . .

. . .

Oh God, I shouldn't have asked tha-

"If I ever get the chance, I will destroy this wedding myself. I don't care if our fathers paired us because of our status, I want nothing to do with you."

Todoroki's harsh words rung through her mind. Silence once again walked into the room, like an unwanted guest who invited themselves. Strands of silky black hair fell over Momo's face, hiding the smile that slowly stretched her lips.

Neither do I.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note: trust me it gets better. Brace yourself.

Also the character are aged up.

Momo: 18
Todoroki:18
Midoriya:19

Above photo is what the characters dress and look like. Credit goes to original artist.

Thank you for reading :))))