Chapter 8: Son of Peace

3rd person POV: 5 years later

The entire tribe was buzzing in excitement, waking up at the blink of dawn to prepare themselves for their yearly festival. The 15 families that lived within the deep parts of the forest were restless, scampering about and doing their given duties. The women of each family gathered to prepare a giant feast, the children kept company for the old and frail, and the men prepared to venture into the forest to collect things for the celebration.

The tribespeople were originally forced to work as slaves for an emperor who ruled the land to the far east of the forest, but managed to escape when the Eastern City when it was attacked by a warlord. But they could do so only with the help of two young boys that had come from the Western City.

The boys helped the slaves escape and taught them how to survive in the forest, build houses from mud and wood, hunt animals, gather fruits and berries, and create fire. The older boy had messy green locks and bright emerald eyes, and his gentle voice filled the slaves with unfamiliar warmth and love that they had never felt before.

The younger boy had dual red-and-white hair and loving heterochromia eyes. The slaves shed tears when he stood in front of them protectively, wielding a sword, clutching at a gaping wound in his stomach and glaring at the warlord that laid waste to the Eastern City.

After the rescue, the slaves celebrated their freedom by becoming a tribe that lived in the forest untouched by any outsiders. The oldest woman became the tribe leader, and the young boys that saved them took the position of humble tribespeople.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The group of men were returning to their 'village' after hours of roaming around the forest, chopping wood and hunting deer. The men were chatting and laughing heartily, when one of them stopped in his tracks. The others didn't notice the dual-haired male freeze and kept walking.

Todoroki closely listened to the faint sound of a woman panting and something being dragged on the ground, followed by a strained 'I'm so sorry'. He probably should have stayed out of it and mind his own business, but something sparked in him when he heard a baby giggle.

He quietly started moving towards the sound, and reached a tiny clearing in the forest. There, he saw a woman, and she held above her head a big chunk of wood. Her face was streaked with tears. A little baby was lying on the ground and looking up at the woman, giggling and drooling all over his little fist.

"Mama is so sorry she has to kill you. But it's ok, because mama will go to Hell and you can go to a world where you will find a loving mama and papa."

The wooden chunk came down at the baby in full force. The sound of flesh ripping and bones breaking echoed through the forest. The group of men came running to the noise and gasped at the sight before them.

Todoroki was hunched over the baby, a fresh wound running down his bare back. Dark red blood dripped down his torso and stained the dead leaves around the baby. Todoroki was clearly holding back an ear-piercing scream and the veins in his neck pushed against his skin.

The men quickly rushed to Todoroki's aid, a few of them holding back the woman and taking the wooden chunk away from her. She didn't resist, and her eyes filled with satisfaction. One of the men ripped his cloak and tied it around the gruesome gash on Todoroki's back.

"P-please...take c-care o-of him. H-his na-name is K-K-Kirishima Ei-Eijiro...", the woman stuttered. There was a loud sound, as if something had exploded. Blood splattered the entire area.

The confused men stared at the woman with wide eyes. She had exploded into bits of flesh, and the men were dripping in her blood.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The celebrations were over, and all the families had returned to their little huts. But the celebrations were not as jolly as anticipated. The men were scarred from the image of the woman's flesh splattering across the area, covering them in her blood and bits. The baby wouldn't stop crying. It was a mess.

It was midnight, and Todoroki lay in bed while Midoriya re-bandaged the wound on his back. Todoroki groaned in pain as the greenette applied a herb paste on the wound to disinfect it.

"I've told you not to be so reckless, Sho", Midoriya nagged.

Todoroki stared at the ring on his finger, then glanced at the identical one on Midoriya's finger. They were married. The greenette sat on the edge of the tattered bed and ran his fingers through Todoroki's long, silky hair.

A loud cry startled the couple who were enjoying some quiet time. That baby started crying for the nth time today. Todoroki struggled to stand up and walk towards the tribeleader's hut, ignoring Midoriya's protest.

When the couple entered the hut, with the elder's permission of course, they saw her sitting next to a makeshift crib where the baby was lying.

"I've tried everything, but he won't quiet down", the older woman sighed. Todoroki and Midoriya walked towards the crib and peered at the baby. Immediately, the baby stopped crying and stared at Todoroki, as if trying to remember who the strange man was.

Eh eh eh.

The baby started giggling and stuck his arms out towards man, opening and closing his little fists in demand. Midoriya picked up the laughing baby and booped his nose, smiling in awe as the little baby stuck his tongue out to lick the finger that booped him.

Todoroki and the tribeleader smiled at the sight. The baby looked at Todoroki with wide, crimson eyes and gave him a toothless grin.

"Ba! Ba!" He called out. Todoroki lifted his hand and cradled the little boy's chubby face, laughing as the baby nuzzled into his palm.

'But it's ok, because mama will go to Hell and you can go to a world where you will find a loving mama and papa.'

Todoroki remembered the dead woman's words. Indeed, the little baby had found loving parents.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: yaaaaay little baby Eijiro got adopted. The Wi-Fi in my house has been glitching the heck out, so I'm having a hard time writing and uploading more chapters. Hope y'all enjoyed :)))

Just a few pics of their present appearances :D