Chapter 5;

Holly's POV

I had finished work early, gotten some food shopping done and taken Harly for a walk all in the space of three hours. By the time I was settled on my sofa I was actually quite tired.

My phone rang out notifying me that Eleanor wanted to FaceTime, although I groaned, I accepted.

"Hey Hol," She smiled.

"Hellooo,"

"Bad time?" She frowned.

I shake my head. "I'm really tired," I laugh. "That's all. Sup?"

"Just wanted to say hi and that I have three types of cake.. I want your opinion on."

I sit up straighter. "Now that I like the sound of, show me."

She showed me all three, I didn't understand how I was supposed to help her make a decision they each looked delicious. "All three?" I ask jokingly.

She rolls her eyes. "Not helpful."

"They're all so good El,"

"Louis likes this one," She holds the photo of a white four tiered cake with red sponge inside.

"Meh," I tilt my head. "I prefer the middle." It was chocolate in the middle.

She then tilts her head. "I think I'm going to have to think about this one for a little longer.."

We both laugh as she puts the photos down. "So.." She starts. "I kind of didn't want to FaceTime you about the cakes.." She admits.

I frown. "What?"

She huffs. "Look, Harry's going on tour in the states in like.. A week."

I freeze at his name but listen closely.

"..He wanted me to ask you if it would be alright for him to reach out to you, or you reach out to him, just to say hi or whatever.."

"Why.. Why would he want that?" I croak. "We haven't spoken or seen each other in over a year."

"I know." She sighs. "I told him this, I was against it. I still am a little. But you're going to see him at my wedding, he's the best man, you're the maid of honour. You'll have to walk down the aisle together."

My throat runs dry. "Oh..yeah."

"I know you probably don't want to speak to him but, at least try and just be civil, a quick email or text or something just to say hi, then at least it won't be awkward. I'd hate for it to be awkward for you."

"Babe, it's your wedding. I don't want it awkward at all. I'll.. Send me his number, can't promise I'll message him today, or this week.. But I will, for you. It's been over a year we've both moved on and grown up anyway."

"Yeah.." She bites her lip,

"Eleanor..?"

"Harry.. I don't think he's moved on."

I swallow, why does this make me uneasy? Why does my heart clench just at the thought?

This whole time I've told myself that he's forgotten about me so moving on is completely fine, but if he hasn't.. I don't know what I'll do.

"What.. What do you mean? Of course he has Eleanor don't.."

"He's okay, he's doing great I mean, his career is shit hot but, he misses you. I know he does. When I talk about you his face lights up and he tries to hide it.." She smiles. "But I know, we both know."

"This isn't helpful right now." I groan, hand to my head. "I've moved on, I've changed. I can't make all of this progress just to be told all of this."

"Hey I'm just saying what I see. I don't want you to get back with him, I don't think he's expecting to either."

"Good."

She looks away as my shoulders slump. Well that has dampened the mood.

"I've got to go El.."

"You're not mad at me, are you?" Her voice timid.

Am I mad? I don't think I'm mad just..

"Frustrated," I answer. "Not with you, just the situation. Message me his number and I'll think about it."

She smiles. "Okay, love you Hol."

"Love you too El."

I sit silently waiting for her to send his number, when it comes through I realise it's the same. I'd had it memorised a year and a bit ago, now I vaguely remembered it.

I pasted the number into a new message field, preparing myself to write it.

Me: Hi, it's Holly. Eleanor gave me your number..

I deleted the text and locked my phone. I couldn't do it, I physically couldn't push myself to do it.

I stared at my wallpaper of me and James, it was of us in bathrobes when he took me to a spa for the day. I couldn't text Harry. Not today.

_________________________

A/N:

Just a reminder - sending me rude private messages or leaving unnecessary comments aren't appreciated just because MY story isn't either going how you want it to, or you simply don't like the story anymore because Holly has a new boyfriend?

I'm sorry but in reality, Harry and Holly wouldn't see each other again, and if that's what you want I'll write it and end it right now. But I won't, because it's MY story, and what happens in it is up to ME.

So like I said, if you don't like it, don't read it.

But sending nasty messages and rude comments will just make me stop writing and go on a break from wattpad for 2 weeks which I will do - I almost did.

Just be happy I have a 3 hour journey home and the train has free wifi.

Rant over.