Chapter 6

I was dreading school on Monday! I thought of pretending to be ill but mum was soild when it came to days off school. i'd have to have a the same tempature as her thanksgiving turkey for her to let me stay at home.

But no way was i facing Mason and all his jockies, thanks but i'll PASS! i would literally DIE, i mean now everyone proably hates my guts after the whole game fiaso, no doubt Madison has spread the word. i'm an even bigger loser than i thought! But i begged my mum anyway, even though there was no point.

"Oh please mum i feel awful, i honestly don't think i'll be able to concentrate at all!" i lied.

"Summer, really you've been fine all weekend and now all of a sudden you say you feel ill." Mum said frowning.

"What's going on Summer?" she asked.

"Nothing..." i say staring down at ny scuffed shoes.

"I just feel so lousy, and i have a terrible headache!" i moaned.

"Summer i still think you ought to go to school." mum insisted.

So i did. Unfortunatly! :(

i was actually kind of...scared! i mean, i know i'm quite use to Heavecote now, and i thought things were actually looking up when i met Mason until my happiness was snatched away! Now i'm back to the small, shy, scared little 'Summer-the-only-so-lonely-loner'.

It brought tears to my eyes, every time i thought about it. Why am i such an idiot, such a pitiful loser?! Why can't i make some friends, or at least try too. Why do i have to be me, a dork and a loser? Why is life so CRUEL?! i hate being me!

The bus stopped outside heavecote's driveway, and i stepped out shaking all over. Its just like it was at the begining of the semester, when i first came here. i was terrified then, but wait...why should i care what people think? Why should i care about whether Madison and her stupid friends like me or not, or spread rumors? i am who i am! If that makes sense...? I'm me, Summer Jones i should be proud to be me! Although i'm not. And there's so many things i hate about being me, i've not got nothing on Madison. Wait...i do! i've got brains, i've got mad writing skillz, and i've got...some other things too...

Anyway i'm gonna walk in their with my head held high, and show her that she messed with the wrong DORK!

..........

Well that...FAILED! Not only did i practicaly FREAK out as soon as i stepped inside school, but i thought i was going to vomit at the site of the photocopies of 'HCA newsletter' printed all over the school. Worse...they were pictures of Madison and Masons little SMOOCH on the rugby field. And if it couldn't get any worse the headline was,

'THE NEW SWEETHEARTS OF HCA HIGH!..'

So they have started dating!!! That is IT my life is O-V-E-R with a capital O! And all because of a silly dramatic kiss on a rugby court! Are you KIDDING me?! That's just pathetic! That stuff only happens in the movies, they kiss and all of a sudden its true love! Oh please! Madison only wants Mason to show people like me she can get any guy she wants...and maybe because of his abs...and his hair or maybe...

Oh shut up Summer! He isn't yours and never will be!!! He probably hates me now anyway, not a surprise almost everyone i know hates me. Apart from Harry... he's about the only person who still likes me...except i'm starting to think he likes me than more of a friend, especially after he kissed me the other night.

i like him don't get me wrong its just...well, i don't think i like him in that way...you know a love way.

i guess i'm still pretty bummed about Mason, even though i knew he was WAY out my league!!! But a girl can dream right!! Now he dates Madison, i can't really not like i use to, now i know he can actually stand going out with someone with the IQ of two pompoms, a pathecticaly vain ego, and who has a nerve to tease people about anything that she can find. Knowing Mason doesn't mind any of these things its kind of put me off. Not that i still don't think he's incredibly HOT but i just don't think he's attractive personality wise.