chapter 2

(a/n: these chapters happen directly after each other, so gumi is still in the bus lot. also i couldn't help myself from adding some miku x luka in there, forgive me lmao)

"Gu-mi!" The "u" and "i" in my name get stressed like a song, even though it's being yelled across the bus lot. That's a voice I'll never forget.

I turn around to see a girl with teal twintails running towards me, holding the hand of a girl with pink hair, shamelessly dragging her along.

I yell back to her in the same fashion she yelled for me, "Mi-ku and Lu-ka!"

The girl with the salmon-colored hair, Luka, modestly grins at me while humbly waving, but Miku is quite different. She jumps and waves her free hand, "Hi!" Mornings with her are never boring. Once she makes it close enough to me, she lunges and gives me a tight hug.

"Hey, be careful or you might get Luka jealous!"

Luka begins with a blush, "Oh, no-" but Miku is quick to smirk and interrupt her after letting go of me.

"There's no way she'll get jealous after last night, right?" The tealette snickers and goes back to holding Luka's hand.

"Miku, that's a bit T.M.I., don't you think?" She mumbles to the shorter girl beside her. Not giving Miku a chance to reply (which is the wisest decision), Luka looks to me and keeps talking, "Have you heard about the new exchange student?"

"Now it's an exchange student?!"

Both girls before me cock an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'now'?" Miku gazes at me, perplexed.

"Gakupo said it was just a transfer student."

We all start walking towards the school doors, with Luka's arm now around the tealette next to her, "I'm pretty sure it's an exchange student because Teto temporarily moved to Japan last week as part of an exchange program." That means the new girl is from Japan.

I raise my eyebrows, dumbfounded, "Really? She did?"

"Yeah! It was crazy - like - no one expected it!" Miku babbles on about the going-away party she threw for Teto, while Luka informs me that the rambling girl put a little too much sugar in her coffee this morning.

I laugh at that new information, but now I'm not skeptical of this new student at all. She definitely exists, so I know that much.

Cutting Miku off in her spiel, Luka reminds us that her homeroom is on the other side of school from us. As usual, the tealette tugs on her arm and begs her not to go, but it always ends with a quick kiss, and then Miku and I make our way to our homeroom.

Walking into our destination, I scan the classroom. There's no one new yet.

Gakupo waves at me, from the back of the class, with a smile. I sit beside him, and Miku sits beside me. "So, have you seen her yet?" The boy beside me asks.

"No, and no one has! Calm yourself!"

"Fine, fine. Well-"

Before he can finish his sentence, our teacher walks into the room. "Good morning, everyone! So, I've been hearing gossip about a new student coming into this homeroom - an exchange student - and I'm here to inform you those whispers are correct! It's not only one student though, you youngsters got that wrong." He laughs to himself at calling us all youngsters. It squeezes a small laugh out of me, as well. "Anyways, it's two exchange students. We would've only accepted one, but these two are twins! You know how that goes, they don't like being separated and whatnot."

Gakupo audibly yawns, and the whole class laughs. The teacher grimaces.

Mr. Loid continues speaking, disregarding the obnoxious boy beside me, "Class, please give a warm welcome to Rin and Len!" With that, two figures walk into the classroom. One has hair up to their shoulders with some cute little hairpins in the front of her hair, while the other one has hair pulled back in a ponytail. I'm guessing the one with the hairpins is the girl, and the one with their hair pulled back is the boy. 

Wow, they're stunning