six

(ladies, gentleman and everyone inbetween. the moment you've been waiting for...)

after a night of laughter and fun, the six of us began to pile out of the cafè. it was around 8pm, and the sun was just setting.

i suddenly feel a tug against my jacket. it's lucy.

" me, rami, joe and ben are gonna drive back to joe's, maybe gwil could walk you home, oh, and i'll send you that photo." she whispered, giving me a wink.

"lucy i-" i started, but before i could finish, she was off, catching up with rami, ben and joe.

"and then there were two." i hear a voice call.

"oh, hiya gwil." i say, flustered.

"god knows what those fools are doing, would you like me to walk to home?" he enquires.

"you're too kind for your own good." i reply, giving him an earnest look.

"just want you home safe and sound."

I reached down and intertwined my hands with his, we shot each other a brief, slightly embarrassed smile before focusing on the path in front of us.

"so, where'd you live?" he asks

"oh, just up the road, past the tescos." i reply.

"i didn't realise those houses were for sale?"

"they aren't, me and my mum moved in with her boyfriend." i reply.

"ah." he replies, sensing my discomfort, as he changes the subject.

i feel like i could talk to gwil for years and never get bored. he has all these crazy anecdotes and yet he still listens intently to my rather boring ones.

"wanna listen to some music?" he asks.

"sure"

gwil uses the hand not laced with mine to reach into his pocket, grabbing his earphones.

"airpods?" i chuckle.

"yeah, i don't speak broke."

"i don't actually know what that means, i just hear Rami say it a lot." he laughs.

he hands me an airpod and i put it in my ear. he presses shuffle and Somebody To Love begins to play.

Ooh, each morning I get up I die a little
Can barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) Take a look in the mirror and cry (and cry)
Lord, what you're doing to me (yeah yeah)
I have spent all my years in believing you
But I just can't get no relief, Lord!
Somebody (somebody) ooh somebody (somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?

we hum along to the words, swinging our arms and dancing. i feel euphoric.

just as we get to my gate, the song begins to end.

Can anybody find me somebody to love?
(Find me somebody to love)
Ooh
(Find me somebody to love)
Find me somebody, somebody (find me somebody to love) somebody, somebody to love.

i turn to face gwil. "i guess this is me." i say. "i had such a lovely time."

"likewise, um." he says nervously.

we look at eachother, and before you know it we're both leaning in.

Find me, find me, find me, find me, find me
Ooh, somebody to love (Find me somebody to love)
Ooh (find me somebody to love)
Find me, find me, find me somebody to love (find me somebody to love)

our lips meet in a short, chaste kiss. it's sweet and nervous and leaves butterflies in my stomach. we pull away smiling.

"until next time gwil." i say, unlocking my gate and making my way to the front door.

"i'll look forward to it." he says.

"oh, and Delilah?"

"Yes?"

"You look so beautiful, I wanted to tell you in the cafè, but I was too nervous."

Anybody, anywhere, anybody find me somebody to love love love!
Somebody find me, find me love

soooooo... that happened sjdjdksks

that was so corny and so bad i'm sorry y'all but i tried.

love ya! - hope