Chapter 27: Those Days

Song for chapter is This City by Sam Fischer 

<<<

It was a few days after Noah's 'incident', that we were forbidden to speak about. He'd given all of us such a scare, but we'd put it all behind us. Christmas would soon be here, our last holiday as a whole family.

It was Friday morning and Tayte and I were on our way to the airport to pick up Arii and Leo, who were coming back for a long weekend, which also happened to coincide with Arlo's 30th Birthday party. This would be the first time we'd be meeting Leo in person, instead of talking to him through FaceTime and Skype. We all hoped he's be the same decent guy we all seemed to get on with.

"I can't believe it's nearly Christmas already," I said,

    "I can't believe you're driving again," Tayte told me. I grinned, running my hands around the steering wheel.

"It's been a long journey, but we've made it,"

    "We sure have," Tayte said,

"And you know what, I feel good. All my limbs are now fully functioning, or as fully as can be and I feel happy, I feel so good,"

   "You look so good baby and you deserve to feel this amazing every day and I hope one day I'll be able to give that to you," Tayte said,

"Baby, you already do," I said leaning over and kissing him.

We made it to the airport in good time and headed over to arrivals.

"Airports just freak me out," I said and Tayte laughed,

    "They aren't your best friend, that's for sure," I grinned.

We had around 45 minutes to wait so went and grabbed a smoothie.

"How's Logan doing with tracking down Arlo's best friend?" Tayte asked,

   "Well he has until Tuesday, so I'm not worried,"

"You know he's expecting nothing for his birthday, and doesn't want anything,"

"I know, Angelo told me all of that and how he just wants a chilled day with comfort food and a walk on the beach,"

    "Such a cutie," Tayte said, "He needs to be spoilt,"

"So that's what we'll do, but small scale spoiling,"

   "It's going to be at Hotel Rouge isn't it?"

"Well the meal is yes, but we can plan final details over the weekend when Mali takes him out," I said.

...

"I'VE MISSED YOU," Arii screamed running at the both of us, we took her in our arms,

   "Dude, it's been a month,"

"A long ass 31 days," She said, "You look so good Keane, you have your boot off, Oh My God, you're totally free now," I laughed and she hugged me again.

    "Nice to meet you both, Arii talks about you all non-stop so I'm glad I am finally meeting you in person," we shook his hand, he had a firm grip,

"Likewise," I said eyeing him up,

    "We're just glad Arii has someone looking out for her now, someone that knows the meaning of the word family," Tayte said,

"Oh, I know how much family means to Arii, how much you all mean to her and some of the things you have been through and I have been behind Arii all the way," Arii smiled at him and took his hand,