Chapter 33--The Pizza Man is a Monumental Betrayal

Harper

A part of me is dreading for practice but another part of me can't help feeling excited. I haven't seen the Misfits all week long. In fact, I think they've been avoiding me. They weren't kidding around when they said they would side with Logan. It's disheartening seeing them give me small smiles or turning away whenever I happen to walk past them.

Kris is the only one that's talked to me. Well, she texted me a few days ago asking me how I was feeling. I was so relieved to get her text I almost cried. I didn't realize how much I depended on the Misfits for a social life. They were my anchor, my rock, and now all I do is go to class and return to my dorm. Even Beth doesn't bother asking me if I want to do anything.

The worst part is, I know the only reason they're excluding me is because I monumentally fucked everything up. Every night when I'm lying in bed, all I can think about is what I've done. I haven't been able to spend time with Vincent without feeling guilty. Usually, after a few hours or a movie, I tell him I have to go back to my dorm.

I haven't contacted Logan at all since the last time we spoke. I haven't seen him or heard anything of him. The Misfits and I would always mention him, but I feel like that part of my life has been surgically cut out of me. It feels awful. Whenever my phone buzzes with a message, a small part of me is hoping that it's Lo, but it never is.

I muster all my courage and take a deep breath while getting dressed for dance. I've been looking forward for it all week. It's one of the only reasons I have to get out of my room. As I'm walking towards the studio, I can't help noticing how cold the air feels and how dreary and empty campus looks right now.

I bite my lip and get more nervous the closer I get to the studio. The last thing I want is for the Misfits to entirely kick me out of the studio. The pit of my stomach starts to churn at the thought of seeing Logan. I miss seeing him smile and laugh. I miss his lip ring and the way he looks down at the ground when he's given a compliment.

"Hey Princess," Vincent suddenly appears at my side. He's wearing his soccer gear and it looks like he's headed to practice. In his hand, he's swinging his duffel bag that I'm sure is full of some spare clothes, shoes, and his favorite soccer ball.

I check my phone quickly realizing he texted me that he was waiting by the end of the street. I hadn't even noticed until now.

"Hi Vinny," I sigh out with a forceful smile.

He gives me a bright smile, walking towards me and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. Lacing his fingers with mine he asks, "Mind if I walk you to dance?"

I try to hide my distress as best as possible. Nodding my head and pushing another smile as best as I can as we make our way to my studio. Bringing Vincent to the dance studio is probably not the best idea. The last time Lo encountered Vincent, he ran away. I've never seen anyone run away like that. It looked like he had seen a ghost and had to run for his life.

Vincent pulls me out of my thoughts again by saying, "So I was thinking for Valentine's day, we can go a little simpler this year."

I look up at him with a raised eyebrow. Vincent loves Valentine's Day. He likes setting up candles and throwing rose petals throughout the room. It's part of all the romantic stuff he likes to do.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"Instead of a nice restaurant, we can just have a cute little movie night." Vincent smiles brightly, "I have a plan that involves you, me, and a few of our all-time favorite movies."

I bite my lip to hold back my smile, "That sounds amazing Vinny."

"Good," He grins. "It's settled then."