chapter 5

*Y/N pov*

I woke up in panic, realizing that I had a bad dream, I wiped my forehead that was drenched in sweat. I looked around the room and read the clock. It was still early, so early that the sun isn't even awake. I couldn't fall back to sleep so I decided to get up for the day and get ready for school. Friday came so fast, I couldn't believe the weekend was already here. Yesterday was kind of a blur to me. I was trying to remember but all I could think of was spending some time at the Wilson's house. I was worried. Normally when I can't remember things, that means something bad happened. When my mother died and child services were looking into the investigation of her death I had to speak with some people. They said that trauma can cause people to dissociate. Dissociation is a mental process where a person disconnects from their feelings, thoughts, and memories. I just ignored it for the time being and finished getting ready. I snuck my way downstairs. The house was empty. My father was probably passed out drunk downstairs.

I started to walk to school. It was about a fifteen minute walk from my house. It was still super early but anything beats being in that house. As I cross the street, I saw out the corner of my eye a sliver vehicle. The streets were empty. Just me and the person driving that car. I started to feel anxious. I stopped at a cross walk, the light was red so I had to wait. As I was waiting the car slowly inched up beside me. I just kept my eyes to the ground.

"Hey" the person says as they roll down the window.

I looked over to see Nestor?

"You're the girl in my history class" Nestor said, pointing at me. "I'm driving to the school, come get in."

I looked at the road and then looked back at him. Honestly at this point I didn't really care what I did. I quickly crossed the car and got inside the passenger seat.

"So how was detention with Mr. Wilson."

"Boring." I said bluntly.

"I never caught your name."

"It's Y/N"

"Hm" he looked over at me. "Y/N how are you liking highschool." He asked.

"It's alright, I guess."

"This is my third year at this school." Nestor said.

I didnt realize Nestor was older. I assumed he was the same age since being in the same History class. Before I could say anything he pulled up at the front of the school.

"Wait a second." He got out of the car and came around to my side to open the door. "Here you go, I'll see you later."

I got out of the car, "thank you."

He climbed back into the driver's seat and drove around the find a parking spot. I watched as he parked the car.

"Goodmorning Y/N."

I turned around and saw Mr. Wilson standing by the door. He was dressed really formal today and his face was beaming. It was sorta odd seeing the two sides of him.

"I have some muffins in my classroom if you want to come and take one."

I shook my head and followed him inside to his room. When I walked in I saw a box of muffins sitting on his desk.

"Take your pick" patrick said, opening the box.

I grabbed a muffin from the box and sat down in one of his desk.

"Chocolate, I see."

I took a bite of the muffin and looked up at him, staring back at me.

"Yesterday was fun." He smiled.