chapter 6

*Y/N pov*

Vera grabbed my hand and sprinted down the boardwalk path in front of us. Coming up on a oasis hidden with vines and the most beautiful flowers. Vera pushed the vines to the side and walked through.

Vera hollered, "Come on in!."

I pushed past the vines, looking up at a magnificent waterfall showering down off the mossy rocks. I was in awe of the beautiful sight.

"Over here." Vera shouted from a lush patch of grass.

She was lying down with her caramel brown hair interwined in the grass and her dress so messily but so beautiful laid out. She had her legs propped up where her dress fell at her thighs and you could see her flawless legs. I couldn't help but smile in that moment. She was so full of life and charisma. I jogged over to her and sat down. She pulled me back to where I was now laying down next to her and she pulled me in closer.

"Isn't it just beautiful?." Vera said, caressing my cheek.

"It's absolutely peaceful here." I said, looking up at the falling tides.

"I use to come here all the time when I needed space, it's been a while since I've been back."

"Vera." I looked at her, smiling so big you could see the wrinkles in her eyes.

"What is it honey?." She turned her body towards me, throwing her leg over mines.

"I can trust you right?."

"Of course y/n." She pushed my hair out of my face.

"I don't remember."

"Remember what?." She asked, with a soft tone.

"Why I was so upset yesterday." I looked into her blue eyes. "When I came over to your house."

"Awe honey, I don't want you to talk about it if your not comfortable."

My words began to spill out of my mouth like vomit, "I just remember...screaming for help, it felt like my lungs were squeezing to the point that I was gasping for air." A tear slowly fell from my eye. "I knew I had to get away but part of me froze." I looked up.

"When you came over, where were you coming from." Vera stared blankly at me.

I took a big gulp. "My house."

Vera immediately sat up and looked at me with shock. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into her embrace. I just sat there in her lap with my head pressed to her chest.

"You're okay." She whispered, running her fingers through my hair while cradling me.

Tears from my eyes started flowing down my face. I silently lied there in Vera's arms as she held me.

"Since it's the weekend, do you wanna stay with Patrick and I." Vera wiped a tear from my swollen cheek. "If it's okay with you, I don't want to get you into trouble."

I took a deep breath, "no it's alright, I can."

Vera slowly laid down, still holding onto me. We just laid there, listening to the ripples of the water. "I think anyone would be lucky to have you." She said.

I squeezed her tighter as we cuddled and buried my face into her neck. I couldn't remember the last time I smiled so big. Part of me was embarrassed by how she made me feel.

"I didn't realize how hot it was going to be, the weather is always random here." Vera said, sitting up.

"Yeah I am kinda sweaty." I laughed.

Vera then stood up and walked over to the fence. She threw one leg over, straddling the fence and the other one after.

"Vera." I giggled.