Pt.1

How does one determine whether love is easy or not? Where in the fuck is the handbook that let's us know what to expect about love? Are we just wandering the earth, falling in love impulsively because it sounds like a good thing to do at the time?

Because if so, that's the stupidest thing we could ever do, and yet we do it because humans demand to be loved. We crave the pureness of what love is.

That god damn rush of those butterflies or the pounding of our hearts when swayed. We want to feel the passionate love of soft lips connected to our own. Or to hear the faint whispers of "I love you" in our ear.

Or the gentle touch of arms wrapped around us protectively. Never wanting to be let go of.

But sometimes...we have to let go. Who's going to tell you that love is not love if you haven't felt the rush of a thousand heartbreaks? Darling, you're so naive, a dreamer of a fairytale love that cannot be.

Love is pain, a wake up call to those with fragile hearts. Guard your heart if you must, but know you won't be able to conceal it long.

If you stray from it and allow anyone in, you must understand that they will, even if it isn't on purpose, destroy it, destroy you, destroy your understanding of what love is.

So tread lightly. Love is a rollercoaster of emotions and misunderstandings. But good luck.
           Sincerely, the universe.

---------------------------

   Fingers glided through black hair, softness stimulating the hands of Son Chaeyoung as she let out a sigh.

The young girl stood outside of her work place smiling at strangers and handing fliers out for new deals. Ah, look at all these faces, beautiful faces, faces that Son Chaeyoung studied as a mere second passed.

She felt as if she wasn't one of these pretty faces. She sported black hair and had a baby face complete with a mole. Something she thought no one would find attractive.

She wished as she saw pretty girls linked to their boyfriend's that she could be just as pretty. Maybe then someone would love her for at least one good thing. She felt as if she must've been boring as well. She didn't have much friends and it didn't help that she was shy.

Who could possibly love her with the way she was anyways? Son Chaeyoung, high school student with bad grades and no friends? She sighed and leaned back against the shop window. She might as well give up, she thought to herself as she looked around.

Pretty faces of pretty girls. She couldn't tell if she was to be jealous of them or jealous that she couldn't have them. Her eyes scanned the Seoul area that she was at.

The bustling sound of cars and chattering of voices. Jeez, so many people and yet she still felt lonely. The sound of heels could be heard causing her to turn her head.

From there she saw a tall woman. She sported a red turtleneck top tucked into some nicely fit skinny jeans.

The woman wore a tan solid waterfall collar double breasted coat over her casual clothing underneath. She looked expensive from head to toe, her outfit complete with a black Balenciaga bag.

A beautiful silver necklace kissed her neck as seen by Chaeyoung. As the woman looked up she had caught Chaeyoung's gaze.

Within that moment time seemed to stop allowing Chaeyoung to see the elegant features of the woman before her.

Her eyes were cold, but they shimmered like diamonds under the sun. Her lips looked soft, tainted with lip gloss gleaming on her lips. Her skin looked soft, clear of any imperfections. She even caught sight of a mole on the bridge of the woman's nose.

Chaeyoung followed the woman's gaze until she turned her head and disappeared into the crowd of people. Chaeyoung stood silently trying to register what she just saw just then. An angel or a human?

     "Hey, earth to Son Chaeyoung." A voice said as the girl snapped her fingers in front of the young girl's face. Chaeyoung shook her head slightly and turned her head to see her co worker Yoo Jeongyeon looking at her with an annoyed look.

"Oh, sorry Unnie. I was just-." 

     "Not doing your job. You do it so often." Jeongyeon said. Chaeyoung frowned and lowered her head.

"Ya, just stay focused and give people the fliers. We've got a business to promote you know. What are you always thinking about anyways?"
Jeongyeon asked as she took the fliers from the young girl and beckoned her inside the shop. Chaeyoung sighed.

"I'm still....single." Chaeyoung said. Jeongyeon snorted and smiled.

"What, you see any cute boys out there you'd want to date?" Jeongyeon asked. Chaeyoung scrunched up her nose in distaste. She didn't wear black nail polish for no reason. 

"Um, no unnie. I actually like-."   

     "Never mind that though. You can leave now. I'll see you tomorrow."
Jeongyeon said as she exited to the back room holding her phone to her ear.

Chaeyoung sighed and took off her apron. She clocked out and exited the shop, her eyes darting left and right.

'That woman went this way didn't she?' Chaeyoung thought as she turned to face the direction she last saw the woman. She didn't know why she was investing such time into this.

She was just another face in the crowd, right? Without much thought her feet began to move, a gust of wind pushing her to go faster. And that she did, following the faint smell of what she thought was the fragrance of a flower scent, Jasmine.

She followed it up the hill that was now clear of people and looked around. The fragrance seemed to disappear making Chaeyoung frown. Great, another girl disappearing in her pursuit.

She sighed turned on her heels to see a flier taped to a telephone pole. She furrowed her brows and made her way over to the pole, her eyes darting to the flier that displayed some pictures of what looked like Instagram models.

Rent me! I'll be your girlfriend for a day. Check out our website at *********.com

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows and reached for her phone. This all seemed sketchy and...weird as an advertisement in Korea.

She took out her phone and dialed 110, but her finger lingered over the call button. She skimmed the picture and saw a familiar face. That woman with cold eyes was staring at her through the picture. She was a Rent Girl? She tilted her head and studied the flier further.

Price depends on the girl and what you wish to do with her. Rent a girl in the Seoul area. You won't regret it.

Chaeyoung scoffed and started to press the button when she stopped once more. Rent a girl...for what purposes? She was more than curious now just to see what she could receive from all of this. A fake girlfriend maybe? She cleared the dial and turned on the camera. She was going to take her chances.