Pt.25

"Mina." Sana said as she opened the door. Mina was silent, looking into Sana's eyes with this enigmatic look that Sana couldn't fathom. She moved aside and signalled for Mina to come in, in which the younger Japanese woman did.

Making her way in she looked around, hoping Chaeyoung wasn't there. And she wasn't. She only left a few minutes after the younger woman did, but it wouldn't be the first time they've come across one another.

"Oh...hey Mina." Dahyun said. Mina could hear the disgust in Dahyun's voice. Mina stood there, staring at Dahyun knowing she wasn't welcomed because they both knew why she was rather bitter.

"Dahyun." Mina said sternly. "Don't bother. Look at the mess you've made." Dahyun said. Mina stood her ground and faced off with the Korean woman.

"You act as if I had caused all of this on my own. You act as if love is not a storm that brews in our wake and creates currents that sway the heart. I had not meant to cause the damage that happened two years ago and even the damage now. I did not wish to incite it either but tell me...if you were in my shoes would you just walk away from Sana no matter the strength of the gale pulling you which way within your heart? Don't stand there and judge me for my feelings towards Chaeyoung." Mina growled.

"Why now? Why have you now just confessed such feelings? She loved you even if it seemed soon, even if it seemed unplanned. And you broke her Myoui Mina. You broke her. How did you live in those two years after you left her? Sana would be with you, I would know. She would leave to cheer you up. But what about Chaeyoung? Did you think she wasn't hurt from what you did?" Dahyun asked, a sense of desperation for answers in her voice.

"I never wanted to hurt her! Why can't you understand that? I had lost someone I loved a long while ago as a student in high school. I didn't know how to love without this person in my life and so I didn't know how to understand Chaeyoung's feelings towards myself. It was new, it was frightening, it was what I wanted but I had to be cautious. Don't condemn me for protecting my heart." Mina said once more, not letting her gaze leave Dahyun's eyes.

Those eyes that were once pleading for answers had grown soft and Dahyun grew quiet. She had to at least try to understand for Chaeyoung's sake.

"Okay. You know...it's not that I don't like you Mina, but I can't have you hurt my best friend. I just want you to be everything she needs, and can really be someone she can hold onto for a long time. She's never been good with relationships and she's never been able to truly love someone the way she loves you. So please, for the sake of her heart, just as much as yours, don't break it." Dahyun said.

Mina nodded in response and could feel her tenseness disappear. Dahyun held out her hand as if to shake it, and with that Mina did. A small smile appeared on Dahyun's face giving Mina that pretty eye smile she was most known for.

"Well, I'm glad we could come up with an understanding. I'll let you two be then. I've got to get ready for a meeting." Dahyun said and bowed.

"I'll take it from here Dahyunie. Go get dressed." Sana said. Dahyun nodded and made her way out. Sana and Mina stood quietly almost awkwardly as the two came face to face with one another.

Mina had felt like she had been burdening Sana with her drama so she was quiet about it. But she didn't want to be. She signalled to the couch in which she and Sana ensued in conversation that lasted a good hour, breaking the ice for the two.

"Oh yeah. I met someone long ago when we first came here. She used to be like us, a rent girl. She slowly retired after having gone through something with someone, and had been hanging onto the agency by just helping with subtle things. She even put up posters to advertise the website. I think her name was-."